May 19th show...

GreggSuspyre

May 31, 2005
New Jersey
www.myspace.com
Just to make sure everyone knows: if we play the show at The Cup Complex on May 19th, it will be covers only. We currently do not have a drummer that knows our material, so one of the promoters for the show will be filling in. We're still deciding if we actually have time to pull this together.

Aww, that's REALLY disappointing.

I still wanna go though.

Will you guys, in the future(Maybe end-of-summer/early fall, possibly sooner if we're lucky) play another show in the area?

Aww, that's REALLY disappointing.

I still wanna go though.

Will you guys, in the future(Maybe end-of-summer/early fall, possibly sooner if we're lucky) play another show in the area?

Everything is up in the air until we find a drummer. Most people probably wouldn't like it if we played with pre-recorded drums like we do at practice. That'll just be awkward.

I'm going to start putting up bulletins everywhere now. I posted on craigslist a few times, but got no good responses. I guess it's not going to be as easy as it was when we found Clay.

Well, if we come with someone over 21, are we allowed in? I think that's really shitty if not. >_> Because I'm only 16, my sister is 14, and my friend who's also coming is 18. It should be an "all ages to enter, 21 to drink" affair, especially if you guys are playing. It's not like we can expect any violent mosh pits to The City Under Sands and shit.

Well, if we come with someone over 21, are we allowed in? I think that's really shitty if not. >_> Because I'm only 16, my sister is 14, and my friend who's also coming is 18. It should be an "all ages to enter, 21 to drink" affair, especially if you guys are playing. It's not like we can expect any violent mosh pits to The City Under Sands and shit.

aww...I was hoping for flailing limbs. I don't even know if this show is happening.

Nah man, it's 21+ with no exceptions. I think it's a law that is unique to Linden. I remember they gave us such a hard time about it when we played there before (October 24th, 2004). I think that's really annoying, too.

Now we're not playing; the cover set was a good idea, but there is no time to prepare since the drummer with whom we'd be playing isn't available to rehearse before the show.

Hopefully, we'll get a reliable drummer soon and then do plenty of shows. We have some pending offers to which I am about to reply.

I see.

Well, damn. That's really saddening. Most of my family was getting really hyped up for the show. But oh well.

Hope to see you guys in the future then. And of course, at Symphony X \m/

I'll try my hardest to spot you guys.

Considering BB Kings doesn't even hold 1k people though, I doubt it'll be hard.

But now I'm debating on whether I should go see Porcupine Tree again or not. They're playing in NYC the same day your show was gonna be, and I know I'll have the money, and I know the show hasn't sold out by now. But I have no one to go with.

I'll try my hardest to spot you guys.

Considering BB Kings doesn't even hold 1k people though, I doubt it'll be hard.

But now I'm debating on whether I should go see Porcupine Tree again or not. They're playing in NYC the same day your show was gonna be, and I know I'll have the money, and I know the show hasn't sold out by now. But I have no one to go with.

I considered going to that too; I really like Porcupine Tree and I heard they are great live. But I can't go, because even though we're not playing that show, it is still my friend's birthday party at The Cup Complex, so I'll be going to that.

How did I not know that Porcupine Tree was playing...however I have made plans since the show has fallen through. I will absolutely be at Symphony X!

My Saturday will consist of me drinking frozen margaritas and playing wiffle ball with my roommate. yay.

hahahahaha. wiffle ball.

Yeah, I found out PT was playing about the same time you guys announced your show. So I rushed to check dates thinking "Cool, two shows in the same general span of time"..then I noticed it was the same day.

But hey, things work out. *shrug* The only problem is that tickets are fairly expensive this time around, about 32-35 bucks a pop(I saw them earlier this year at the same venue and tickets were like 25)