May 26th NYC Show

I, too, will participate in said straight up murdering, but only in regard to that strange man who constantly screams "BLACK ROSE IMMORTAL!" He has attended every Opeth show I have been to, and I harbor a deep hatred for that man, namely because of the nerve he has to request something so foolish of the great Akerfeldt.

I hated last tour when people would be screaming during Hope Leaves, ugh, so annoying. Or when people thought Heir Apparent was over at the break at the end....such noobs.

I, too, will participate in said straight up murdering, but only in regard to that strange man who constantly screams "BLACK ROSE IMMORTAL!" He has attended every Opeth show I have been to, and I harbor a deep hatred for that man, namely because of the nerve he has to request something so foolish of the great Akerfeldt.

At the last NYC show, some guy kept yelling Black Rose Immortal. Mike then played a little portion of it on his guitar and said "that... fuckin' masterpiece."

YES!

I think my favorite part of the night was when Mikael sang Big City Nights, in response to the guy who yelled it out.

Okay maybe not my favorite part of the night, but it was pretty funny.

My favorite part was...serenity painted death! Too bad I was with my friend who does not like Opeth very much. None of my acquaintances enjoy good music. Matter of fact, I'm going with this kid who hates "angry music" (his words) on May 26th! Oh, to have friends that appreciated Opeth as much as i do! Woe is me

My favorite part of that show was Drapery Falls, and getting Fred's pick, and shaking Mike's hand, damn, that show had too many good parts. I remember that Black Rose Immortal guy too, "fucking masterpiece" haha, that was the best. My favorite Mike quote was the night before in Philly

"A lot of bands write songs about driving cars real fast, so I decided to make a song about driving a car slow. This is a song about driving a car reeeeeaal slow"
*Plays Deliverance*

:lol:

Mike's little anecdote about sitting in a cafe with a friend was hilarious.

"This song is about sitting in a cafe with your best friend. You have a conversation with him, but by the end of this, you are no longer friends. Just kidding... this song is about Satan, death, and Satan." *Deliverance*

To be honest, I look forward to Mikael's between-songs-comedy more than the music. Does this make me a bad person?

Haha one of my friends said the same thing. He said going to an Opeth show is like going to a comedy show but the comedian plays metal in between jokes.

Side note I just remembered about Deliverance, the first time I saw Opeth, Mike said "This song is about fucking a girl in the ass." *Deliverance*

For a while the guy I brought along actually thought thats what the song was about (his first time hearing Opeth ever). He would try and convince me using lyrics as proof. It was pretty hilarious

I was at the Starland Ballroom show last night and Mikael was hysterical. He started with, " this is NJ right? " then he goes, let's see what came outta NJ, Skid Row, fucking Jon Bon Jovi, Springsteen. It was v funny. Then he kept goofing on Skid Row the whole night. He definitely adds to the show with his dry humor, his clever come backs, "how is your wife...she's good, thanks for asking, she's in heat." and his witticisms, he mentioned swine flu. It was a great show.

Fuck yeah, I just saw them at Starland, but the first thing I said to my friends when we got to the car was, I can't wait to see these guys again.