May is going to fucking rock.

Mar 24, 2005
Symphony X just announced a date in NYC on May 25th, so I'm going to that no doubt.

And then you guys are playing in Jersey a little before that, too. So it's like, I get to see two amazing bands in one month. *does a little dance* Anybody else plan on going to both? A better question is, how many people just found out from me that SX is even doing a show? :kickass:

And also, I'm gonna be there early enough that I can say without a doubt that I WILL be first in line, so if I see anybody I recognize, I'll let you cut behind me so we can all be in the front. >_> Who's gonna complain? I can just say "They're with me" and there's nothing they can do. So yeah. haha

I might go to that Symphony X show just cause I know you'd be there, Clay. Not that SX isn't enough motivation for me, heh.

And I get back home from school slightly before your guys show. I'd love to make that and see you guys again.

I might go to that Symphony X show just cause I know you'd be there, Clay. Not that SX isn't enough motivation for me, heh.

And I get back home from school slightly before your guys show. I'd love to make that and see you guys again.

I just wish we could have hitched a ride on that show and played with them...that would make me go slightly insane most likely. I'm obviously a huge Symphony X fan...not to mention a Rusell Allen fan. I'm hoping I get to at least meet them. I wouldn't know what to say because that would be me star struck, but I would like to shake their hands and tell them how much they've influenced my life. I know that sounds very gay, but if it wasn't for them I would probably not be in Suspyre because I never would have gotten into the whole progressive thing. Go Symphony X!

yay, but that must mean no Russia? What happened?

The budget for going to Russia was $25,000 to make cases for and ship the instruments. It turns out it would have cost over $30,000 to do so. The instruments going are all one-of-a-kind and fragile, so that's the reason for the high prices. And yeah, Russia is pretty far, heh.

So I get to see Symphony X instead, which is pretty awesome.

well, as it so happens, i'm out of school around may 23rd, so i could make the drive up to NYC to see them and meet you dudes there too.

That is gonna be a day to remember.

Actually, what I think the most interesting thing for me now is I wanna see if they could top your live show. It's still the best thing I've ever seen. haha

Oh, that reminds me, I was gonna make a topic but then I figured I should just say it here:

WILL YOU GUYS EVER PLAY THE TROOPER AGAIN? :lol: That was like, oh man. I was like, literally freaking out when you guys started playing that. It was actually a little pathetic, looking back. XD

Oh, and I got one more question..

You guys still don't have a keyboardist. How will you perform the stuff from A Great Divide? It's got a lot more keyboard/piano. I mean, you could do without but it'd sound hollow. Are you guys gonna find someone to do live work with you?

Oh, and I got one more question..

You guys still don't have a keyboardist. How will you perform the stuff from A Great Divide? It's got a lot more keyboard/piano. I mean, you could do without but it'd sound hollow. Are you guys gonna find someone to do live work with you?

What we've always done is use a backing track, but that takes a lot of the fun out of it.

My friend Christi D'Amico is going to be playing keyboards and flute at the Chicago PowerFest show with us, but I don't know if she will be doing any other shows. The reason for the flute is that most of the orchestral parts are next to impossible to play on keyboard and are more doable on flute. I am even covering some on guitar, and possibly saxophone (a much easier instrument) in the future. I think Jordan Rudess is the only guy who could really handle these parts on keyboard, heh.

One misconception with our music is there is very little keyboard; Rich does record some of the more keyboard-friendly parts (like the solo in "The Singer" and some of the organ in "April in the Fall") but the rest of orchestral sounds are all samples being controlled by MIDI. I had to then water down all the orchestral stuff to be able to be played by just ten fingers. Christi, an excellent, accomplished pianist, will attest to how hard it is to pull off.

Heh. Yeah, I could tell that most of the orchestra was MIDI. I thought of video games a lot when I listen to some of the tracks with heavy orchestration.

Actually though, being that the sound is unique, I don't think I could honestly hear it played by a real orchestra at this point. haha

But I guess I can just hope that she decides to play at your NJ show. =P

And I didn't say it yet, but I also wanted to wish you guys best of luck at the Chicago Powerfest, that is a pretty big festival for Metal and to be on there at all is amazing. What a way to kick off your first Midwest show.