So who is going to the ProgNation tour?

Mar 24, 2005
I'm pretty goddamn pumped. Dream Theater, Opeth, 3, and Between the Buried and Me? That's a dream lineup right there. I've honestly thought of a tour like this countless times, I never thought it'd actually happen. Although, not to put down BTBAM, I'd probably replace them if I really could, but I'm sure they'll put on a great show regardless.

So who's going? I'm possibly gonna go to both NYC dates but I have to go to at least one. The ticket price is a little steep though, but eh, that's Dream Theater for ya.

The price is a little steep for me. I loves me some Dream Theater and Opeth, but I have to admit I don't mind passing. Not too thrilled with BTBAM, and I know very little about 3.

I will probably be spending my money on the Maiden tour and the Heaven and Hell tour with Judas Priest and Testament (if they really are part of it).

i'll be going to this one way or another. considering pinching my pennies and getting to go backstage, although honestly i'd rather meet the guys in 3 / opeth than DT, who i haven't been too excited with in at least two years.

I got to see this show in Richmond at the last minute. Very awesome. I will have a review of it and an interview with Joey Eppard of 3 posted on my e-zine sometime by the end of the week including photos of 3's performance. It was a great show with great bands ... genius :) I heard Portnoy wants to do it again in the future with 3 other bands ... maybe Suspyre will be next! haha

talk them up some more on his forum ... i'm seriously considering doing a drive by since I know where his house is (the town I grew up in which is only like 2500 people and my friend built his house so it's not very hard for me to know that ...haha) and dropping a Suspyre CD in his mailbox ..LOL

You really should've tried to go to the NYC shows.

I got to see so many amazing things. Percussive Nation 2008 being the main highlight. Portnoy got each drummer from the bands in turn to come and play with him on his set, in order of when they played(3's, then BTBAM's, then Opeth's), but then he did something even crazier and got all of them plus 3's percussionist to come out and play on his set, it was NUTS. @_@ Most amazing thing I've ever seen. Portnoy was pretty much outclassing 3's drummer, and Opeth's, but Blake Richardson from BTBAM was keeping up with him in a way I never thought possible. It was like, Portnoy would do a crazy fill, then Blake would do a blast beat followed by a crazier drum fill, then they just started like, dueling. it was intense. haha

Mikael also sang a verse of DT's song "Repentance", which if I remember correctly was played live for the first time that night also.

You really should've tried to go to the NYC shows.

I got to see so many amazing things. Percussive Nation 2008 being the main highlight. Portnoy got each drummer from the bands in turn to come and play with him on his set, in order of when they played(3's, then BTBAM's, then Opeth's), but then he did something even crazier and got all of them plus 3's percussionist to come out and play on his set, it was NUTS. @_@ Most amazing thing I've ever seen. Portnoy was pretty much outclassing 3's drummer, and Opeth's, but Blake Richardson from BTBAM was keeping up with him in a way I never thought possible. It was like, Portnoy would do a crazy fill, then Blake would do a blast beat followed by a crazier drum fill, then they just started like, dueling. it was intense. haha

Mikael also sang a verse of DT's song "Repentance", which if I remember correctly was played live for the first time that night also.

Too bad I missed it :-/
But, I was in Disney World, which was probably just as awesome.

Huh, that's very interesting. Didn't think something like that would go through. Whoever thought of that is the fucking man, though