So, who is it going to be tomorrow?

Okay I was thinking about this earlier today, what if Megadeth isnt busy next October and you get Eidolon to open on Saturday and then have Nils from Pagan's Mind (who could play the 4 spot on friday) double duty.

Your personal favorite or the most talented of the night? I'm not a drummer, but it seems Mike Guy of Zero Hour is the far more talented of the two.

Zod

Having drummed some myself & being in bands with good drummers, Johanne was the best. Mike is definitely talented technically speaking...no question there...but Johanne's skills were right up there with him plus he had a little flash to his style that made it look like what he was doing was effortless. That's showmanship...it's a package deal. That kind of thing will push a band over the edge as far as crowd appeal. I remember reading great feedback for Threshold after PPIII...they surprised alot of people. They & Angra were the main reasons l was there.

Having drummed some myself & being in bands with good drummers, Johanne was the best. Mike is definitely talented technically speaking...no question there...but Johanne's skills were right up there with him plus he had a little flash to his style that made it look like what he was doing was effortless. That's showmanship...it's a package deal.
Fair enough. Next time I listen to these guys, I'll have to pay closer attention to the drums.

Zod

That is why I said "or". Secondly, Seraphim is from Taiwan. Thirdly, it is slighty more expensive than bringing in a retread from Europe. But, if the tradeoff is getting more people that otherwise would not go, then why not?

Peace,
Ray C.

Sorry Ray, but I disagree completely wtih you. First, "slightly" is an understatement. It cost over 250% more to fly someone in from Australia as compared to mainland Europe the last time I checked. Second, I don't need "more people" as I don't have more tickets available. My target audience is those that have attended over the past seven festivals instead of marketing myself all over again. That day will come...but not now. Third, "retreads" have their place at all festivals, not just mine. They serve as a valuable draw to those that disagree with you.

cheers.

Threshold is good and has enough material to headline, but I don't get the impression that they really won over any new fans at their performance.

Really? As far as I read, many people who weren't fans who were there are now because of their set...

And Subsurface was much better than Critical Mass IMHO...

Having drummed some myself & being in bands with good drummers, Johanne was the best. Mike is definitely talented technically speaking...no question there...but Johanne's skills were right up there with him plus he had a little flash to his style that made it look like what he was doing was effortless. That's showmanship...it's a package deal. That kind of thing will push a band over the edge as far as crowd appeal. I remember reading great feedback for Threshold after PPIII...they surprised alot of people. They & Angra were the main reasons l was there.

I would concor with that, especially the flash part and making what he did look effortless...he was fun to watch!