Wuthering Heights Is....

nightwish58

Feb 11, 2002
New York
Visit site
absolutely incredible!!! Their latest album is some of the best prog, power, folk, speed metal I have heard in a long time. I haven't stopped listening since I received it from good ol' Ken Golden from Laser's Edge. I was skeptical with a new singer since I loved Kristen Krille (previously of Tad Morose), but this new guy fits their style perfectly!

If these guys are on the PP roster, they may actaully steal the show as an opening/2nd slot band! Hey, Ken always gets one of his bands to perform (Zero Hour, Redemption, and Spiral Architect), so i think there is a good shot at seeing Wuthering Heights this year. I am so psyched about this year's festival as I know Glenn will come through with a killer lineup as usual. What do you guys think of the new album?

Thanks for the recommendation-- Just ordered it online.. Its kind of interesting-- I have ordered probably 15 or 20 albums from recommendations on this forum and have yet to be disappointed!!

New Wuthering Heights is fucking awesome. Blows away their catalog completely. I only had it for a day though cos some piece of shit stole my stereo out of my truck Wed with the cd in it but as soon as I got over my shouting spree I ordered that album again. I'd shit if they played, and also Morten Sorenson is the drummer for Pyramaze too.

Ben

I just got their latest album last week as well...what a great album...any Blind Guardian fan would love it, I imagine, but it's just a well-done kick-ass metal album with all kinds of style...

I am also a big fan of the previous singer, but I don't know anything about the first 2 albums...I've liked some of the samples that I've heard from the 2nd albums.

Someone tell me...are the 1st and 2nd albums worth it?

Man, all of their albums are worth it! They're seriously just an awesome band! I was introduced to them fairly recently, but I just can't get enough of them! You MUST listen to "The Road Goes Ever On" because it's seriously one of the best songs I've heard recently.

I really really really think they have no idea how much their fans love that song. Im gonna try and score an interview with Tobi and when I do Im gonna make him promise to play Arrows Fly hahahha.

Ben

Daybreaker said:
I really really really think they have no idea how much their fans love that song. Im gonna try and score an interview with Tobi and when I do Im gonna make him promise to play Arrows Fly hahahha.

Ben
Well, I'm with you on that one. Threaten death if you must! :loco:

Hey Curufin, were you on the MARTA at the ungodly hour of whenever the hell it opened early early Monday morning at PP IV? I remember you from III when there was a big group of us in the front waiting for Gamma Ray staring disgustedly at DEvin Townsend the whole time and the infamous, "YOURE HAIRLINE IS RECEDING!!" shout came from that section too.

Ben

Daybreaker said:
Hey Curufin, were you on the MARTA at the ungodly hour of whenever the hell it opened early early Monday morning at PP IV? I remember you from III when there was a big group of us in the front waiting for Gamma Ray staring disgustedly at DEvin Townsend the whole time and the infamous, "YOURE HAIRLINE IS RECEDING!!" shout came from that section too.

Ben
Ahh yes. Someone please remind me once again about "open-minded and polite" prog-fans.

Sorry, but gloating about such behavior disgusts me.

Daybreaker said:

Ben
Yep, that was me!

Also, Devin Townsend was being a prick to the audience, which is what inspired those comments from the audience.

Ok yea cos I remember the Blind Guardian shirt but didnt put two and two together (cos I remembered you in it from the year before) because I was so hellaciously tired from no sleep and too much partying. ha, man thats messed up really, that thought never even entered my mind. I hear you and Robert are gonna stalk Nightwish on their US tour you lucky bastard. The closest theyre coming to me is Denver, I might not make it though cos the Denver date is like Aug 30 or something, couldnt afford that and PP if theyre both around the same time.

Ben

Daybreaker said:
Ok yea cos I remember the Blind Guardian shirt but didnt put two and two together (cos I remembered you in it from the year before) because I was so hellaciously tired from no sleep and too much partying. ha, man thats messed up really, that thought never even entered my mind. I hear you and Robert are gonna stalk Nightwish on their US tour you lucky bastard. The closest theyre coming to me is Denver, I might not make it though cos the Denver date is like Aug 30 or something, couldnt afford that and PP if theyre both around the same time.

Ben
Yeah, they're coming out this way at the end of August. Me and robbie are meeting up with a friend in Phoenix who's flying down from NY, and then we're gonna see them in Phoenix, LA, Anaheim, and San Francisco. This works perfectly because I live about 30 minutes from San Francisco. Nightwish planned their tour quite well!