What about Dark Moor, Beyond Fear or Wuthering Heighs(again)?

What kind of music is Astral Doors, I really like his voice as well, kinda like a more theatrical Dio.
Astal Doors is more straight forward metal, not prog at all but could easily be considered power. The guitars are tuned to sound like old Ritchie Blackmore, giving their sound a strong sense of Dio-era Rainbow on steriods. Great stuff, but I'd more classify them as classic or true metal, rather than prog or power.

New Wuthering Heights should be out within the next week or so (fingers crossed) through Sensory.

Supposedly, the North American version has a bonus disc (not sure if it's CD or DVD) that has their PPUSA performance on there as well.
I actually went out of my way to check on this, and Claus confirmed that the bonus disc is an AUDIO CD, not a dvd. Still cool, but when I heard it wasn't a video I :cry:

Oh, and Pantommind? Hell yeah! They'll have the new album out by then too.

Astal Doors is more straight forward metal, not prog at all but could easily be considered power. The guitars are tuned to sound like old Ritchie Blackmore, giving their sound a strong sense of Dio-era Rainbow on steriods. Great stuff, but I'd more classify them as classic or true metal, rather than prog or power.

Good enough description for me, where can I find some more info on this band?

Sounds good. :headbang: I'll order it next week when I have some money. So many CD's from so many good bands out there. I need to get a pay raise so I can buy even more.

I hear ya man. This past 3 months i've bought like 5-7 music dvd's alone, dammit.

Bring on Dark Moor, The Gates of Oblivion is a hell of an album. Bring back Elisa though.

I'm with you! I love Dark Moor, but I miss the female vox. IN THE HALL OF OLDEN DREAMS was just an amazing album. Their newer one (name escapes me, Neptune on the front cover) is definitely a good album but it doesn't have the same feel as when Elisa sang...

STILL though, I would love to see Dark Moor. They are a very, very talented band!

Nathan

Good enough description for me, where can I find some more info on this band?

What Gene said. Although that is one ugly site. Hadn't been there since the new album came out (and the new design). I had to drink a few extra beers just so I could read the menu. :zombie: No song samples either, or a myspace page. I guess they're relying on deaf word of mouth.

The only Dark Moor i have heard is with the new singer. "Beyond the Sea" is the album I have and I like it. He's not the best singer i've ever heard but he does the job very well. If you all say that this Elisa is better i'll have to check out some older material. What would be a good one to check out?

Gates of Oblivion. Alfredo is a great singer, but Elisa is better.

Ehh - plenty of song samples there - there's an MP3 player on the mainpage's right side. Click on that one and listen to 6 different songs from the newest disc.
By hell, there is a song player there! I totally missed that. Got lost in all those other graphics, I guess. IMO, and I'm a professional web designer, it doesn't stand out enough. It might help to place the player on the media or discography page as well. Or make it stand out a little more with some large text reading LISTEN NOW! (or something to that effect).

I just got a myspace friend request from Dark Moor, so I came to the Source of Sources - the Progpower USA forum - to see if this was a legit decent band. Seems we got a few fans of Dark Moor. Now, on to checkin' 'em out. This forum rocks! :cool: