May US Tour?

Aww crap, why did I look at the damned setlist. I wanted it to be a surprise! I must forget what I've seen here!

Ahh, no Monochromatic Stains again. :( This will be my fourth time seeing them, and I've still yet to see my favourite song played live.

Oh well. I'm still super excited to see them again!

I think that's one song the band has never played live, but that people want to see live the most.

I've seen them play Damage Done.

Aww crap, why did I look at the damned setlist. I wanted it to be a surprise! I must forget what I've seen here!

Ahh, no Monochromatic Stains again. :( This will be my fourth time seeing them, and I've still yet to see my favourite song played live.

Oh well. I'm still super excited to see them again!

I've seen them play Damage Done.

Ah :p, but in general I feel that they don't play that song much. But maybe I'm wrong.

Here's a video of 'At the Point of Ignition' from a recent show. I love the animation Niklas made!!! Although, knowing him, he probably did it in five minutes (just like with the one of the DVD hehe.) I really like the part in which 'you're' going through the buildings, like flying.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that's one song the band has never played live, but that people want to see live the most.

Actually it´s on the Live Damage :p

And they played Damage Done here in Argentina, I remember that my face was like :OMG:

Hours Passed in Exile would be awesome, that´s my favourite song on the Damage Done album.

Seeing them live for the first time on June 1st in L.A. - a cool opportunity just to see them due to my work/location/etc, so I'm not going to fret too much about the setlist...

That being said, however, I certainly like FearTheReapers's setlist more!! :lol: I personally enjoy the band's newer material more (DD and forward) so the FTR set would be great...:worship:

Let me just say this. I was dissapointed when I saw the set, but after seeing the show last night all I can say is wow.

The new songs are amazing live, sooo much heavier sounding than on the album. The fatalist and grandest accusation were great, but the thing that surprised me most is shadow in our blood (which is one of my least favorite from WATV). The intro is awesome live, and so is the entire song especially with the video playing in the background. Although I would have loved more from damage done, character, haven, or projector, it was still great. Also while the crowd wasn't that huge everyone knew the lyrics and were shouting out to play older songs like the sun fired blanks.

Also kudos to the band for coming out minutes after the show to sign autographs for every single person there.

great videos on youtube too.
http://www.youtube.com/user/impaledonafence1#p/u/1/QBh0RleVaSg

Let me just say this. I was dissapointed when I saw the set, but after seeing the show last night all I can say is wow.

The new songs are amazing live, sooo much heavier sounding than on the album. The fatalist and grandest accusation were great, but the thing that surprised me most is shadow in our blood (which is one of my least favorite from WATV). The intro is awesome live, and so is the entire song especially with the video playing in the background. Although I would have loved more from damage done, character, haven, or projector, it was still great. Also while the crowd wasn't that huge everyone knew the lyrics and were shouting out to play older songs like the sun fired blanks.

Also kudos to the band for coming out minutes after the show to sign autographs for every single person there.

great videos on youtube too.
http://www.youtube.com/user/impaledonafence1#p/u/1/QBh0RleVaSg

You didn't say hi to me or Plintus :p

The show last night was far beyond EPIC! We had a pretty small crowd in Roch, but there were about(including myself, and my friend) 20 DIEHARD fans. It was so insane!

Mikeal is one of the best live vocalists i've ever seen. His presence is intense. His delivery is perfect. And his compassion for the fans is uncanny! He must've grabbed my hand 5 or 6 times. It was one of the most personal shows that i've seen.

Stanne, Antonsson, & Henriksson are pretty personable, but Sundin and Brandstrom are alot more reserved. Which is totally cool, i dont care at all.

I actually got Brandstrom to get out of his shell! Niklas gave some smiles too.

The band was excellent as well. Absolutly outstanding performance. I dont think they took a pause between songs longer than 40 seconds.

The meet and greet was really special too. I got a poster signed by all the members.

It was a show of a lifetime.

Boston show. Amazing.

Photoon2010-05-17at08372.jpg

^ Cool! No songs from 'The Mind's I'?

Somebody in the crowd yelled, "How about you work toward a crescendo...Insanity's Crescendo?!"

Mikael smiled and pointed at him.

Also, I'm calling bullshit on the whole "we play until we feel like stopping" rhetoric. They play what's written on the setlist then stop.

^ True, even if they're finally having a U.S. tour as headliners, the whole advertisement for it has been very weird. It's not only what you mentioned, but also that they said that they'd have a encompassing setlist, i.e. they'd have of every album.

I guess they forgot The Mind's I and Skydancer.

It must be hard for the band to decide on the setlist, since they've released so many albums. But I'm sure most fans don't like that an entire album is left out. I don't.