May US Tour?

"DARK TRANQUILLITY Announce Massive North American Headlining Tour; Complete Career Retrospective Setlist Planned"

Swedish melodic metal pioneers, DARK TRANQUILLITY, will make their much anticipated return to North America on May 11th as they prepare for a massive North American headlining tour with Threat Signal and Mutiny Within supporting. This promises to be the longest, career-spanning DARK TRANQUILLITY set list yet, so diehard fans will not want to miss out. Be sure to visit www.myspace.com/dtofficial now to stream new tracks from the band's latest album, We Are The Void, and to view their complete tour itinerary.

Mikael Stanne (vocals) further describes his excitement over the headlining tour: "Oh Yes! As promised we are coming back to the States for a proper headlining run. We've been rehearsing like crazy to put together a set that will blow you away. It's been hard but we feel we have a good collection of songs that represents every aspect of the band and will please fans of both new and old material. Also, the mad genius Niklas (guitars) is hard at work creating amazing artwork and animation that will look incredible and add a new dimension to the show.

"This is without a doubt the biggest production we´ve done in the States. We cannot wait to bring you the full DARK TRANQUILLITY experience. We are also really happy to bring some really awesome bands with us this time around. [:lol: hehe] Threat Signal and Mutiny Within are bands we've had our eyes on for quite a while and they will make sure you all will have one hell of a metal night. Cheers and see you all very soon."

I saw Mutiny Within and they're OK, though I've never heard Thereat Singnal. The line-up is definitely better, with DT as headliners. Which is how it should always be. (Faaaaaanboooooy.)

Wow and I thought CR was a horrible place for gigs. Still, you have to travel shorter distances to see great ones. Hmm 15.3% of unemployment rate? That can't be good.

15.3% is just the state. The city of Detroit actually peaked with over 25% unemployment. And that only counts people who want jobs. Once you add in children, retired people, and those who have just given up looking, you realize most of that city just twiddles its thumbs.

Try living on the outskirts of Detroit. The city has nothing to offer, as there truly aren't many black people into metal. It's almost exclusively a hip-hop/R&B city, stereotypical as that may sound. Beyond that, the suburbs have nothing to offer either.

Oh, yeah. Check out the unemployment numbers for our state. You'd love that! And make sure to check Detroit's as well, that would make you cry.

Wow, that sounds fucking horrid. Kinda like the people in the city are 2 steps away from killing all the white people! Stalin style?:ill:

I'm starting to believe every city is hip hop city. Rock doesn't exist anymore.

Damn, even NY is only an 8.8% rate! Thats crazy. Or kookie talk, as Kramer would say.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZ4lLhSf9-E&feature=digest"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZ4lLhSf9-E&feature=digest[/ame]

Sadly enough no, you're not coming to Central America. That, fellas, is really depressing for Defiance. Although he's more sad with the fact that he can't go to México to see D.T. because he'll be in the end of the semester of the Uni. Just a couple of weeks later, and I'd have been able to go :( .

Oh well, at least I still have when they came here:

454883360_aacdd5cffe_b.jpg

454883398_4530bd4dcf_b.jpg

454883414_0274a87df6_b.jpg

Ahhh ich war so jung hehe.

I'll be at Jaxx, PHL, NY dates, currently working on Chicago and Seattle and - oh boy! - so totally making it to SF and LA once again :D

Last show of the tour, and can't miss partying it up HU-style at the Rainbow! :p

2 more days :)

Ah, how I love living in Europe now, and especially in The Netherlands. Virtually any band comes here during their EU tour and the country is so small that the max distance you'll have to travel is like 200 km. If a concert is somewhere in the north (which is like 200 km away since I live in the south) there usually is either another concert in the south or one in Belgium, which is usually Antwerp so 1 hour by car. So, on the upcoming EU tour I can actually go the the Tilburg show (20 mins by train) and to the Vosselaar show (20 mins by car), and I love that :D

Sorry guys

Setlist:

At The Point of Ignition
The Fatalist
Focus Shift
The Wonders At Your Feet
ThereIn
Final Resistance
The Grandest Accusation
Misery's Crown
Punish My Heaven
(Edenspring)
(My Negation)
Iridium
Shadow In Our Blood
The Lesser Faith
Dream Oblivion
(Lethe)
Lost To Apathy
Terminus (Where Death Is Most Alive)

The songs in parenthesis were not played, and will only be played if they have enough time.

I have to say I am disappointed with the set. Career spanning? 10 of the songs are from fiction and WATV. The 5 others are the ones you would expect, but only one song from damage done?? I hope they at least have the time to play the 3 other songs the rest of the tour, but I still would have liked to see at least the treason wall, the new build, or monochromatic stains. Don't get me wrong I love the new stuff, but the biggest most career spanning setlist thing got me really excited and this seems like a bit of a let down.

Setlist:

At The Point of Ignition
The Fatalist
Focus Shift
The Wonders At Your Feet
ThereIn
Final Resistance
The Grandest Accusation
Misery's Crown
Punish My Heaven
(Edenspring)
(My Negation)
Iridium
Shadow In Our Blood
The Lesser Faith
Dream Oblivion
(Lethe)
Lost To Apathy

The songs in parenthesis were not played, and will only be played if they have enough time.

I have to say I am disappointed with the set. Career spanning? 10 of the songs are from fiction and WATV. The 5 others are the ones you would expect, but only one song from damage done?? I hope they at least have the time to play the 3 other songs the rest of the tour, but I still would have liked to see at least the treason wall, the new build, or monochromatic stains. Don't get me wrong I love the new stuff, but the biggest most career spanning setlist thing got me really excited and this seems like a bit of a let down.

Sure as hell won't have enough time to play those in Philly, not with 5 bands and an 11:00 curfew.

A letdown of a setlist.

I'm pretty disapointed. Both Character and Damage Done are not represented well at all. I sure as hell hope they play the extra songs in Rochester, considering there are only 2 other bands playing. Especially Ednespring.

I dont think Iridium should be played. You can almost fit 2 songs into that slot.

Setlist:

At The Point of Ignition
The Fatalist
Focus Shift
The Wonders At Your Feet
ThereIn
Final Resistance
The Grandest Accusation
Misery's Crown
Punish My Heaven
(Edenspring)
(My Negation)
Iridium
Shadow In Our Blood
The Lesser Faith
Dream Oblivion
(Lethe)
Lost To Apathy

the treason wall, the new build, or monochromatic stains..

I second those choices, I mean come on! No "Monochromatic Stains"? It sucks. I've waited almost 6 years to see them live.

My list would look like this

The Fatalist
Monochromatic Stains
Focus Shift
The New Build
The Wonders At Your Feet
ThereIn
Final Resistance
The Grandest Accusation
Misery's Crown
Mind Matters
Punish My Heaven
(Edenspring)
Surface The Infinite
The Lesser Faith
Dream Oblivion
Zodijackal Light
Lost To Apathy

There you go,

4 from WATV, 3 from Fiction, 3 from Character, 3 from DD, 1 from Haven, 1 from Projector, 1 from TMI & 2 from The Gallery.

More balance between albums.

Why would they promise the most career spanning setlist if their going to play 6 songs from WATV, and 4 from Fiction? More than half of the set consists of content from their 2 latest albums! I would'nt mind this, if i wasn't expecting a career showcasing concert!