May US Tour?

Was hoping for a better support, but oh well. DARK TRANQUILLITY! :headbang:

Still though, losing hope about there being a St. Louis date.

us_2010.jpg

That's a weird poster.

I wonder if Niklas drew this.

They coming to Chicago!!! Wooohooo, good thing they are coming in May, I plan on going to Europe in June. Well, I guess I'll see you guys on May 21st!:headbang::headbang::headbang:

Yeah I saw it before too. It is, indeed, a very peculiar poster, I don't think I like it. I guess Niklas didn't draw it, although the style change compared to the CD, so we'll have to wait for him to tell us.

Maybe Daniel drew it? I seem to recall something about him being a fairly decent artist, although I could just be making that up. It reminds me of some of the art that Niklas did for In Flames, so it seems more likely that he would've drawn it.

Also -- Yay! Calgary show! This will be my fourth time seeing them, and I really hope they finally play Monochromatic Stains this time. :loco:

Good damn these people who live in city's with actual relevance to the rest of the world. Not as if exposure to the planet matters to me, but when it comes time for a Metal tour, it gets pretty frustrating living in buffalo and knowing theres a 98 perecnt chance the band is going right around me.

You should invest in a passport, man. Buffalo to Toronto is roughly the same distance as Springfield, IL to St. Louis or Sauget, the trip I usually make.

You should invest in a passport, man. Buffalo to Toronto is roughly the same distance as Springfield, IL to St. Louis or Sauget, the trip I usually make.

Yes, very true indeed. :headbang:

Once some things settle down for me, i'll have to look into it. Not having a job and trying to go to a concert out of the country is quite difficult.

Yes, very true indeed. :headbang:

Once some things settle down for me, i'll have to look into it. Not having a job and trying to go to a concert out of the country is quite difficult.

I know the feeling. I missed quite a few shows 2008-2009 because of being unemployed, and the closest venue being ninety minutes away.

Now being in Springfield, the closest is two hours, minimum.

I know the feeling. I missed quite a few shows 2008-2009 because of being unemployed, and the closest venue being ninety minutes away.

Now being in Springfield, the closest is two hours, minimum.

It truly sucks ass. You feel even more withdrawn without a job. You go from, "well at least its possible to drive at that way to see a band" to , "well i have no source of income, and i have to drive all that way".

Surly an imposible burden for most.

I really don't want to drive from Vancouver to Calgary for a concert, but it's not just a concert, its the DT experience! I suppose it'll be a hell of a lot shorter drive than my trip from Vancouver to Hollywood to see Katatonia back in '07 haha.

I really don't want to drive from Vancouver to Calgary for a concert, but it's not just a concert, its the DT experience! I suppose it'll be a hell of a lot shorter drive than my trip from Vancouver to Hollywood to see Katatonia back in '07 haha.

I flew from Calgary to Vancouver for Dark Tranquillity. It was 100% worth it.

DT is crossing an ocean for us. That, and they're completely at the mercy of national promoters. The best they can do is set aside time (weeks!) away from home, and hope they hit as many fans as possible. I realize your animosity is not aimed at the band, but consider that they have to listen to a lot of (ultimately flattering) complaints about the tour schedule.

I plugged Buffalo and Rochester into Google Maps (obviously, Google estimating the city centers gives a shitty estimate). The rough count is 80 miles, 1-1/2 hours. Maybe the time is completely inaccurate, with NY traffic. My local concert town is Detroit, which is increasingly skipped on tours for the kind of music that I like to hear. As a result, I am driving to Chicago. As a rough estimate, that's 262 miles, 4-1/2 hours. Cleveland is closer, but seriously, fuck Cleveland and everyone who lives there.

I empathize! I truly do. Our situations are different (as my employment situation is a bit sunnier), but we're completely at the mercy of the massive concert industry. We should be thankful that we've had the opportunity to see the band in the country twice in two months.

The downside of the internet age is that DT has a rabid global fanbase, and only so many days in a year to see everybody. This second NA tour is neglecting their home audiences in Europe (who will be cared for shortly). Shit, Tunisia got a second date 5-1/2 months after their last one because thousands of Tunisian fans were loading arms and supplies into boats, intent on marching in full battle dress straight up through Europe. It's a great sign for the band, but they get stuck catching a lot of (again, flattering) flak because they can't see us as much as they (and we) would like.

aka me?

Are you kidding me?

I dont have a job, this is insane.

Well i quess thats some motivation to actually get serious.

That's like the closest place to Buffalo in the US they are going to play (70 miles/an hour away), I'm sure you can get on a bus or some shit - 70 miles against more if you wanted to go elsewhere.

I'm thinking of doing Chicago, SF and LA on this tour along with some dates on East Coast (already got plane tickets from SF to LA - this shit is INSANE, just $60 after all taxes, which is the same price (and even a little less) then a train from PHL to NYC).

My money situation was better a year ago, but this kind of tour doesn't happen that often. Now I just need to get Yau on board and make him quit whining as well :D