May US Tour?

Stizzle: You were a rather drunk talkative blond :p. My gf loved your hair and I hope ya got home safe man. Cheers!

It was a pleasure! I did arrive home safe, but not until 2:00 P.M. yesterday. Tell you girl that if she likes Down (which I did not) she will probably really like Clutch.

Anyway back on topic, :( there are no dates near me.

None near me either, friend. Sometimes you gotta make that trip. I met someone in Chicago from St. Louis, and I was there from Detroit myself.

Regarding the show: It was absolutely amazing. DT put on a great show as always. I have a bruise on my abdomen from the stage barricade which makes it impossible to bend forward or backwards, and I also can't move my neck. However, I got to meet each and every member of DT and found that, aside from simply being awesome, they're absolutely the nicest bunch of people on the planet.

Bonus: I got all six signatures on a set list! The set list itself was tricky, as the Reggie's security guy, who was very nice before the show, turned into the biggest dick on the planet immediately afterwards. I hope I don't have to go to that venue again.

Stizz, sry to hear you are opposed to going back to Reggies. With exception to your incident (I actually saw that dude get a tude with ya) I though security kicked ass. Security busted us burnin hooch, said he didnt mind, jus take it outside, I thought that was super fuckin cool. The venue didnt mind taping, that was a first for me. Big Cans of Becks were only $5. And the floor/stage setup, LOVED IT. By far the most intimate (oh baby) show I have ever been a part of. I didnt just go rock out at a show, I fucking rocked out with the band, was so close Ole boy almost put my eye out with one of his dreads while he was head bangin :headbang: Great times.

ahh, memories
[youtube]7zXmg23eLyU&hl[/youtube]
[youtube]TN8btmjxAmU&hl[/youtube]
[youtube]NCFQ5vZp5F0&hl[/youtube]
[youtube]qR_0uFW7j_M&hl[/youtube]
[youtube]pDJGab4BVXo&hl[/youtube]

wolfman, what was that band you were representing? Even though they probably suck compared to Opeth :p Id like to check em out.

In your Lethe video, at 0:55, guess who is Mikael's blade? That was fucking awesome.

As for the herb, yeah, I noticed that. I hadn't noticed that no one had lit up yet, which is pretty unusual at a concert, but then *BAM* the room's filled with it.

Who were you? I didn't see anyone taping during the show (I was in front of you), and I don't really remember an Opeth shirt (because I wasn't looking). I almost certainly remember meeting you, but not a "puke bucket."

Wolfman was all about Skeletonwitch.

Really sad that we won't see DT in the U.S. for a long time. I understand that we have to share them with the rest of the world, but it sucks. So, do I wait, or travel to a foreign country?

Edit: Do you have video of The Lesser Faith?

hey man, I was the bald guy talking to you and wolfman outside prior to the keyboardist coming out of left field. Had it not been for you I wouldnt of even realized it was him. Im grateful for having the chance to thank him for all the great music he helped make, thanks for the lead man.

As for the lesser faith, funny you say that, I caught about half of it and it was the only vid I decided to keep to myself. Ill post it when I get a chance, cheers man :kickass:

I remember you! You are a swell fellow.

The only reason I was wondering about TLF is that after that awesome piano bit in the first chorus I gave Martin B the goat. You may have on your tape him giving someone the goat back. I got home to tell my gf all about it, since she sadly could not make it that day; I just wanted to show her. Probably the most amazing night of my life.

Unfortunately, and I hope I'm the only one, I've got the post-concert flu. The morning of the show, I didn't really get much to eat, since we were driving. Then, we spent two hours in the rain navigating to the show. So, that day, I didn't really have anything other than cold water on my body and alcohol in it. Follow that up with sleeping 2-3 hours in the cold, wondering to Union station looking for food, which is tricky since Chicago is closed Saturday morning. The whole fucking city. CVS, which is a 24-hour deal out here in the fucking suburbs, doesn't open until 8 in Chicago. Same deal with every restaurant I walked by. Then, 5-1/2 hours on a train with no sleep, followed by running out to get the keys to my new apartment and get a last minute tux fitting for an upcoming wedding. After that, I finally managed to get some food and 16 hours of sleep. I woke up today with an itchy throat, which either means it's healing or I'm sick. The chills and fever suggest: concert flu. Damn you people and your germs, your filthy city, and everything else that I can think of.

Of course, if I had to do it all over again, the exact same way, I would do it in a fucking heartbeat.

Last night was incredible. I ended up singing along with Mikael during Lethe, which pretty much made my entire life. I both fear and look forward to YouTube footage.

Martin H. also recognized me from the forum, which made me very happy. :)

I haven't headbanged like that in a long time, though, and I'll be paying for it for the next week. :p

Edit:
:headbang:

Last edited by a moderator:
I was at the show at the Republik too Jolty. It was AWESOME. I was disappointed they didn't play a single song from The Mind's I, but it was more than worth it. Shook hands with the guys, I'm still hoarse and my neck is killing me. Come back soon DT!

I was at the show at the Republik too Jolty. It was AWESOME. I was disappointed they didn't play a single song from The Mind's I, but it was more than worth it. Shook hands with the guys, I'm still hoarse and my neck is killing me. Come back soon DT!

Awesome, where were you standing?

You should check out eajanzen's YouTube channel. She uploads videos of nearly every decent metal show to come to Calgary.

I didn't feel like pushing my way to the front, so I was standing about 10 feet from the stage at right-center. Thanks for that YouTube channel link, it was sweet to experience it again. I was a bit disappointed, I thought more people would show, but I guess the turnout wasn't too bad.

I didn't feel like pushing my way to the front, so I was standing about 10 feet from the stage at right-center. Thanks for that YouTube channel link, it was sweet to experience it again. I was a bit disappointed, I thought more people would show, but I guess the turnout wasn't too bad.

There were definitely a few "regulars" missing from the audience. I don't know if it's because people aren't used to the Republik or what, but it was kind of nice to have elbow room at the front for once.

DT was amazing last night at Slims :kickass: I was standing up in the front left and the sound was a bit shit though, way too much bass guitar.

it appears my homeboy who went along to the CHicago show w/ me (NEW DT fan :kickass:), got a pic of some random dude with ole Mikel. If anyone knows the guy pass this along to him, he might dig it :headbang:
DTfan.jpg

What was up with DT drinkin PBRs all night? Was very surprising to see them drink some of the shittiest beer ever, definitely metal :kickass:

anybody seen any recordnings of the new songs with decent sound quality? im dying to hear the new material live. Judging from the picturs and vids ive seen, it looks like the played at some really small clubs?

Awesome show to close out the U.S/Canada dates! Pretty full house and certainly appeared to be a lot of people singing along to every song (myself included)! I think Mikael's comment after the opening song summed it up pretty well: "Holy shit!" :lol::kickass: This is a pic of them (as you can probably guess) during "Shadow in Our Blood" - they were flawlessly in-sync with the video for the whole song...

DSC0679125.jpg

Mikael told us after the show that they won't be back to the U.S. until 2011 sometime - looking forward to it!

Awesome show to close out the U.S/Canada dates! Pretty full house and certainly appeared to be a lot of people singing along to every song (myself included)! I think Mikael's comment after the opening song summed it up pretty well: "Holy shit!" :lol::kickass: This is a pic of them (as you can probably guess) during "Shadow in Our Blood" - they were flawlessly in-sync with the video for the whole song...

DSC0679125.jpg

Mikael told us after the show that they won't be back to the U.S. until 2011 sometime - looking forward to it!

Probably the best fucking show of the tour! :D

The most fucking prime location, too - next door to the Rainbow (although they water down their Coronas I think, had like 20 and some vodka, still was walking straight).

Ah, good fucking times :D

Key Club gig was excellent! They played flawlessly. I had no idea Niklas laid the framework for Iridium so long ago.

Talked to Martin B. and Daniel for a bit after the show.

I didn't get a chance to talk to Niklas til he was on his way out :(

So continues my wish of seeing them play Cathode Ray Sunshine...