MAYFAIR With Deal @ PURE PROG RECORDS!

steel-prophet

Feb 11, 2011
Schwarzenberg/Germany
Mayfair-2012-600.jpg

We are very proud to present another high-caliber: The Austrian cult band MAYFAIR has signed a deal with PURE PROG RECORDS (a specialized sublabel of PURE STEEL RECORDS). The first project will be the CD rerelease and the vinyl release of the progressive highlight and band debut "Behind" from the year 1993. The album was completely remastered by Little Konzett @ Little Big Beat / Austria. The special re-release of "Behind" will have additional bonus tracks, also completely remastered. The result is really very good. More news and details about the album will follow in the next few days. "We have observed the work of Pure Steel group a long time and they make a really great job. So it was our first choice for our (re)release of our album "Behind"'" states the band to label deal.

Current Line-Up:

vocals - Mario
guitar - Rene
bass - Hannes
drums - Jolly

MAYFAIR @ PURE PROG RECORDS

Last edited by a moderator:
MAYFAIR "Behind" - Cover, Track List, Release Date Vinyl: November 09, 2012

Cover-high-400.jpg

"Behind" is a fantastic album. The debut of Austrians MAYFAIR was a big surprise in 1993. Now we release the album together with the tracks from the demo "Find My Screams Behind This Gate" as bonus material. The complete material was remastered by Little Konzett @ Little Big Beat / Austria. We found a review from 1993, which still fits perfectly today:
"After their first Demotape "Find my screams behind this gate" which caused a lot of positive vibes at the underground press, now there is "Behind" showing the four Austrians even more abstract, unique and with a small gothic touch. You won't understand this album without "working" with it in order to come inside the world of MAYFAIR. The -for parts- German lyrics, the photos in the booklet combined with the songs show a work of art in itself! absolute madness, total class"
Stefan Glas (Underground Empire, Metal Hammer 1993).

Track list:

Side A
Behind
Advanced in Years
Generation Isolated
Madame Pest

Side B
Schlaflos Müde
Ecstasy
Daily Screams / Long, past and forgotten
Man of Sorrow

MAYFAIR - "Behind" exclusive vinyl edition released - on November 09, 2012!

Mayfair-2012-600.jpg

The exclusive vinyl edition of MAYFAIR´s debut album "Behind" was released on November 09, 2012. There are only 500 pieces (100 transparent yellow, 400 black), are gatefold, and handnumbered!

Cover-high-400.jpg

The original cover was created by Caspar David Friedrich. It´s the perfect cover for the music on the album - a real diamond for vinyl freaks.

"Behind" is a fantastic album. The debut of Austrians MAYFAIR was a big surprise in 1993. Now we release the album together with the tracks from the demo "Find My Screams Behind This Gate" as bonus material. The complete material was remastered by Little Konzett @ Little Big Beat / Austria. We found a review from 1993, which still fits perfectly today:
"After their first Demotape "Find my screams behind this gate", which caused a lot of positive vibes at the underground press, now there is "Behind" showing the four Austrians even more abstract, unique and with a small gothic touch. You won't understand this album without "working" with it in order to come inside the world of MAYFAIR. The -for parts- German lyrics, the photos in the booklet combined with the songs show a work of art in itself! absolute madness, total class"
Stefan Glas (Underground Empire, Metal Hammer 1993)

MAYFAIR - "Bedhind" - Vinyledition 100 pcs translucent yellow
MAYFAIR - "Bedhind" - Vinyledition 400 pcs black @ PURE STEEL SHOP

“Behind” @ PURE PROG RECORDS

MAYFAIR signed a new record contract with PURE PROG RECORDS/PURE STEEL RECORDS

The Prog Band MAYFAIR from Austria has signed for their new album "Schlage Mein Herz, Schlage..." a new record contract with PURE PROG RECORDS, a sublabel of PURE STEEL RECORDS! The CD will be officially released as digipack on 8th November 2013.

height:360

height:495

LINE-UP:
vocals - Mario
guitar - Rene
bass - Hannes
drums – Jolly

The release date of the MAYFAIR album "Schlage Mein herz, Schlage..." is November 8th, 2013. The preorder phase will start on November 25th, October in our webshop.

MAYFAIR: new release after 15 years
After almost 15 years of silence the guys of MAYFAIR finished their new album “Schlage mein Herz, schlage…”! The vanguard band from Austria, which wrote Metal underground history with their 1993 album “Behind”, were fascinating bright stars on the music heaven in the 1990s, but unfortunately only for a short time.
But their history continues: founding members Mario (vocals) and Rene (guitars) have got together with Johannes and Jolly (bass and drums) and will release their new album “Schlage mein Herz, schlage…” with Pure Prog Records on 8th November 2013.

Apparent opposites united
With familiar melody lines à la MAYFAIR the new album can be seen as a missing link between “Die Flucht” and their latest album “Fastest Trip to Cyber-Town”: raw and wild, but also calm and composed.
Vocalist Mario almost abuses the language mercilessly to grip listeners with songs like „Schlage mein Herz schlage“ or “Du allein”, while “Abendp_rno” just is outspokenly raw. But also the songs with English lyrics like “Firestorm”, ”wwwrong”, “Tric Trac” or “Bitter or Sweet” can give you real sentimental shocks.

Musical range of the album is very wide
The partly psychedelic guitars of Rene are almost painting pictures on the rhythmic canvas of Jolly and Johannes. With songs like “Drei Jahre zurück” or the beautiful ”Island” MAYFAIR show once again what “progressive” can mean and the band finishes the album with the aptly titled song “Der Abschied”. Created with an early FLOYD-feeling, especially those seconds are savoured when no sounds are played. This is an art today that not many bands can master.

height:400

TRACKLIST:
1. Schlage Mein Herz, Schlage
2. Firestorm
3. Wwwrong
4. Drei Jahre Zurück
5. Abendp_rno
6. Island
7. Du Allein
8. Tric Trac
9. Bitter Or Sweet
10. Der Abschied
Total Playing Time: 40:37min

height:495

LINE-UP:
vocals - Mario
guitar - Rene
bass - Hannes
drums – Jolly

“Schlage Mein Herz, Schlage...” @ PUR PROG RECORDS

The new MAYFAIR album will be released on November 8th, 2013. Now the Band are releasing a promo trailer.

Official promotrailer:

On 8th November 2013 MAYFAIR presents the new album "Schlage Mein Herz, Schlage..." at their release party in the Antiquariat Chybuslki (Feldkirch, Austria). Entry 8pm, start 9pm. There is a limited number of visitors.
Cards only with reservation: chybulski@gmail.com

MAYFAIR "My Ghosts Inside" - Cover, Tracklist, releasedate: 15th April 2016

The release date of the MAYFAIR album „My Ghosts Inside“ on CD is April 15th, 2016. The pre-order phase will start on April 01st, 2016 in our webshop.

“My ghosts inside” - MAYFAIR are awakening forces from the comfort zone
On their new album "my ghosts inside" MAYFAIR once again deliver lots of emotions but also surprising new aspects of their music. And so the Austrian prog-rockers - although the musicians are very reluctant to be labelled as such - will not only inspire their fans with their new album but also wow each listener. For all of those who have followed the band for some time, this won’t come as a surprise as their music has always been in flux and no album resembles another.
“my ghosts inside” deals with the theme of spirits that sleep within us, positive and negative forces that can erupt at certain moments and kick us out of our comfort zone. The band has tried to depict those outbreaks both musically and lyrically. Already in the rehearsal room the songs had tremendous depth - the band went on to prove in the studio that they can live up to their own, ambitious goals. For the recording of the album MAYFAIR worked with Thomas “Cook” Koch and Sirius D. Raze - the band share a deep understanding of music with the sound engineer duo as well as a close friendship and several years of common musical experience. Having a clear idea of how the album should sound, the band spent a good amount of time preparing the technical aspects with Cook and Raze before the actual recording. “Mastering Mind” Little Konzett gave the album its finishing touches.
Multi-faceted concept album

While René lets his guitar swing and vibrate ecstatically, Mario at times sings softly, at other times screams out his feelings. The rhythm section is rolling with a booming, sometimes velvety bass played by Johannes and Jolly treats his skins and cymbals sometimes vigorously and at other times with an almost tender bittersweetness by Jolly. “loss” gives you goosebumps, whereas “my ghosts inside” brings you back down to ground with a bump. “desert” is enriched with growls while “blinded by your light” is in turn carried by a heavenly guitar melody. As heard before from MAYFAIR, German sentences or phrases are repeatedly interwoven into the English lyrics - very nice to hear in the groove-driven “when angels and demons meet”. “Our fire starts here”, reminiscent of forgotten times, flows directly into the next track “ghostrider”, a rather hard, diversified song. In contrast, “boom” is sung with such ease that the melody stays with you. “andermal” spirals up into madness to then let emotions run wild in accordance with the next track “schrei es raus”. With “until we meet again” MAYFAIR closes the circle of this concept album and leaves the listener calm but restless.

TRACKLISTING:
1. Loss
2. My Ghosts Inside
3. Desert
4. Blinded By Your Light
5. When Angels And Demons Meet
6. Our Fire Starts Here
7. Ghostrider
8. Boom
9. Andermal
10. Schrei Es Raus
11. Until We Meet Again
Total Playing Time: 40:27 min

height:267

LINE-UP:
Mario - vocals
René – guitars
Johannes – bass
Jolly – drums

„My Ghosts Inside“ MAYFAIR Pure Prog Records

www.mayfairbrigade.com
www.facebook.com/mayfair.rEnE

MAYFAIR – “Desert” – official single from the upcoming album "My Ghosts Inside" – release date 15th April 2016

MAYFAIR – “Desert” – official single from the upcoming album "My Ghosts Inside" - official release date: 15th of April 2016 by PURE PROG RECORDS

“My ghosts inside” - MAYFAIR are awakening forces from the comfort zone. On their new album "my ghosts inside" MAYFAIR once again deliver lots of emotions but also surprising new aspects of their music. And so the Austrian prog-rockers - although the musicians are very reluctant to be labelled as such - will not only inspire their fans with their new album but also wow each listener. For all of those who have followed the band for some time, this won’t come as a surprise as their music has always been in flux and no album resembles another.

“my ghosts inside” deals with the theme of spirits that sleep within us, positive and negative forces that can erupt at certain moments and kick us out of our comfort zone. The band has tried to depict those outbreaks both musically and lyrically. Already in the rehearsal room the songs had tremendous depth - the band went on to prove in the studio that they can live up to their own, ambitious goals. For the recording of the album MAYFAIR worked with Thomas “Cook” Koch and Sirius D. Raze - the band share a deep understanding of music with the sound engineer duo as well as a close friendship and several years of common musical experience. Having a clear idea of how the album should sound, the band spent a good amount of time preparing the technical aspects with Cook and Raze before the actual recording. “Mastering Mind” Little Konzett gave the album its finishing touches. Multi-faceted concept album While René lets his guitar swing and vibrate ecstatically, Mario at times sings softly, at other times screams out his feelings. The rhythm section is rolling with a booming, sometimes velvety bass played by Johannes and Jolly treats his skins and cymbals sometimes vigorously and at other times with an almost tender bittersweetness by Jolly. “loss” gives you goosebumps, whereas “my ghosts inside” brings you back down to ground with a bump. “desert” is enriched with growls while “blinded by your light” is in turn carried by a heavenly guitar melody. As heard before from MAYFAIR, German sentences or phrases are repeatedly interwoven into the English lyrics - very nice to hear in the groove-driven “when angels and demons meet”. “Our fire starts here”, reminiscent of forgotten times, flows directly into the next track “ghostrider”, a rather hard, diversified song. In contrast, “boom” is sung with such ease that the melody stays with you. “andermal” spirals up into madness to then let emotions run wild in accordance with the next track “schrei es raus”. With “until we meet again” MAYFAIR closes the circle of this concept album and leaves the listener calm but restless.

MAYFAIR "Desert" @ PURE PROG RECORDS Soundcloud

„My Ghosts Inside“ MAYFAIR @ PURE PROG RECORDS http://www.pureprog-records.com/releases/view/441/My_Ghosts_Inside

www.mayfairbrigade.com
www.facebook.com/mayfair.rEnE