Mayhem - Chimera

IntoPhagist

FloriiiiiiiooooooOOO!
Sep 26, 2005
New York City and Around
Probably one of my favorite albums I have discovered in the past week. I don't know what it is but I can't stop listening. The opening note is evil and the riffs are beautiful. :worship:

What's everyone's thoughts on it? Since It's well produced and very different from the old sound. Sounds a lot more like Mayhem then A Grand Declaration of War and I really can't get into Ordo Ad Chao right now.

Schwärzung;8750307 said:
Solid album, although I'm more of a fan of De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas.
Agreed, altough you can't really top Sathanas when it comes to Mayhem anyways.

I really believe this album would be better if it had Attila on vocals.

What's everyone's thoughts on it? Since It's well produced and very different from the old sound. Sounds a lot more like Mayhem then A Grand Declaration of War

Huh? Those are contradicting statements. At least assuming you mean old sound as in the 90's Mayhem.

Agreed, altough you can't really top Sathanas when it comes to Mayhem anyways.

I agree, Atilla's vocals are just bonechilling..and take the title song on Mysteriis as an example..Attila is just an outright "bad" vocalist when it comes to the wailing parts..but he's one of the very few vocalists where his bad singing only complements the music instead of detracts from it! The only other example that comes to mind would be Quorthon's vocals

Agreed.

I really do wonder why the vast majority of black metal vocalists tend to sound so similar, I mean even death metal growls have a certain distinctiveness, and Atilla really just runs a train over the whole scene by doing a totally different style altogether..I wish this was more prevalent in the BM scene :(

We should petition a re-recording of Chimera with Atilla on vocals and one of Blasphemer's bandmates from Aura Noir on guitar.

:kickass: Hearing the ending of "My Death" live with Attila on vocals was easily one of the coolest things that I have ever experienced.