Mayhem Tampa 6/13

Hmmmmm, was it played live or was it just playing over the pa from a recording as a build up to belly??

It's so stupid when they play something like this as a recording over the PA. So what if it (gasp) doesn't have words. It's one of the best things from that album so just play the damn thing.

It's so stupid when they play something like this as a recording over the PA. So what if it (gasp) doesn't have words. It's one of the best things from that album so just play the damn thing.

Reason why I asked is because I never recall seeing them perform intro to reality. Not live, not on YouTube, not any DVDs.

I remember years ago, them opening with Among the Living and the clean intro wasn't played live but rather played from a recording over the pa.

Reason why I asked is because I never recall seeing them perform intro to reality. Not live, not on YouTube, not any DVDs.

I remember years ago, them opening with Among the Living and the clean intro wasn't played live but rather played from a recording over the pa.

I know that on the string of '05 shows the ATL intro was a recording but when I saw them recently they played it. When I saw them touring for Persistence, I can't for the life of me remember if Intro To Reality was played live or a recording.

I know that on the string of '05 shows the ATL intro was a recording but when I saw them recently they played it. When I saw them touring for Persistence, I can't for the life of me remember if Intro To Reality was played live or a recording.

I have a video bootleg from Osaka in 1990. They played it in full, with just the recorded vocal intro played over the PA. Very awesome.

Also speaking of missing band members Slipknot had no bassist I thought they would have replaced Paul but did not, they relied on digital bass tracks. Also Gary Holt still playing guitar for Slayer...how bad is Jeff's condition? I know he had the surgery then I thought he was back full force damn I hope he's OK. Gary shredded but it's not the same without Jeff.

Slipknot has a bassist, he just plays behind the amps on stage right. They will never replace Paul with a new guy in a new mask. The guy playing bass is Donnie Steele, their original guitarist.

Gary Holt is way better than Hanneman. Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer Slayer was all original, but Holt is a better player.

As far as Anthrax goes...they get 40 minutes. Playing a set of new songs and obscure album tracks doesn't make any sense at a festival where half the crowd (kids) don't know them that well...but might know some of the "hits." At least when they tour on their own, they have been doing 5-6 new songs, plus "Medusa" or "Metal Thrashing Mad." Even then, it's the same with any band. You have to play the hits...that's what most people are gonna know. Metallica plays "Sandman," "Puppets," "One," etc. every night. No different than Anthrax doing "Got The Time" and "Antisocial."

Bittner would have no trouble playing any Anthrax songs, and would need no time to learn them. That dude is a monster.

The Tampa show was fun, not too much rain. Came down from Ohio to take a buddy who lives down there. The only thing that was dumb was the promoter didn't pay for the liquor license for the side stage area. That and the main stage pit area was ridiculously huge.