Mayhem question

sufferer

Feb 18, 2002
St. Petersburg, FL
OK about to buy my ticket for Mayhem Tampa at the outdoor ampitheater, I was confused about the stage situation before being that it's reserved seating and I wanted to be up front for Anthrax (the only band I really care about) but you guys helped and also a friend saw Ozzfest there before and a lawn ticket (the cheapest one) will give you GA for the secondary stages, perfect! So I go online to buy it but there is one AWESOME seat available (going by myself) a few sections up directly behind the handicapped row which is always almost empty. My question is, do I buy this more expensive ticket knowing I get to be up front for Anthrax and STILL have a great seat for Slipknot and Slayer? Or will the whole show be done after Anthrax since they are headlining the other stage? Ugh basically I'm willing to pay 20 bucks more for a great seat that I will not sit in until Anthrax is done...who will I see on the main stage and is it worth it. I've seen Slayer several times and they're great but I've never seen Slipknot and I like their music and really want to see them, but not more than Anthrax. Thanks for reading my novel that seat is probably gone by now:lol:

Main stage wont start until the two second stages are done playing. The main stage openers are rotating for each section of the tour, So AA will open the main stage 1/3 of the tour, then TDWP, and then As I Lay Dying. So after Anthrax you can head to your seat and see in this order

1. Whichever main stage opener is opening your date
2. Motorhead
3. Slayer
4. Slipknot

Main stage wont start until the two second stages are done playing. The main stage openers are rotating for each section of the tour, So AA will open the main stage 1/3 of the tour, then TDWP, and then As I Lay Dying. So after Anthrax you can head to your seat and see in this order

1. Whichever main stage opener is opening your date
2. Motorhead
3. Slayer
4. Slipknot
Thank you so much Mosher!!! You're the man! That is EXACTLY what I needed to know. Good to hear I'm going to order it right now never been to a fest like this I hope it's fun plus I hear Anthrax is doing an open meet afterwards. For me it's an aw here we go awkward "I hope they don't hate me" meet like I did in '96. I was a kid then and so nervous hell I just want to shake their hands now can't wait. Thanks guys!

Ticket ordered, confirmation received. Oh yeah I'm going, I would post pics but I'm too new apparently to post pics like you guys. Asked before but how does a 10-year veteran post pics
:yell:

Thank you so much Mosher!!! You're the man! That is EXACTLY what I needed to know. Good to hear I'm going to order it right now never been to a fest like this I hope it's fun plus I hear Anthrax is doing an open meet afterwards. For me it's an aw here we go awkward "I hope they don't hate me" meet like I did in '96. I was a kid then and so nervous hell I just want to shake their hands now can't wait. Thanks guys!

Hell yeah man have fun. A little over 2 weeks to go cant fucking wait. The first mayhem date is the one in my area every year.

Personally I would only go to see Anthrax and Slayer. I know Motorhead is a 'big name' and all but I really don't care to see them live. I have seen Slipknot 3 times and all 3 times there absolutely horrible live.

The problem I have with this Mayhem festival is that Anthrax is only going to play about 8 songs and you already know the set list will be similar to this:

Earth is on Hell
Caught in a Mosh
Indians
Got The Time
The Devil You Know
Antisocial
Fight Em Till You Can't
I am The Law

I just can't handle seeing them play those songs over and over again it kills me.

I thought on their headlining tour they would actually play some songs like Skeletons in The Closet, Time, Keep It In The Family, In My World, Etc Etc. But it's the same thing over and over again and for us fans that have seen them a million times it gets a bit boring

Are you in Southern Cali Kirkland? The set times have been released for all dates. Pretty much the same for all dates except the rotating main stage headliner is:

Sumerian Stage
Local Headbang For The Highway Battle Of The Bands Winner 2:30 - 2:50
Dirt Fedd 3:15 - 3:35
Betraying The Martyrs 4:10 - 4:30
I The Breather 5:05 - 5:25
Local Headbang For The Highway Battle Of The Bands Winner 6:05 - 6:25

Jagermeister Stage
Jager Band 1:30 - 1:50
Upon A Burning Body 2:05 - 2:30
White Chapel 2:45 - 3:15
As I Lay Dying 3:35 - 4:10
Asking Alexandria 4:30 - 5:05
Anthrax 5:25 - 6:05

Main Stage
Devil Wears Prada 6:05-6:35
Motorhead 6:55-7:45
Slayer 8:15-9:15
Slipknot 9:45-10:55

Anthrax 40 minutes, Slayer 1 hour, thats not too bad. I personally wont be entering the venue until its time for As I Lay Dying and the rest of the Jagermeister stage.

OK about to buy my ticket for Mayhem Tampa at the outdoor ampitheater, I was confused about the stage situation before being that it's reserved seating and I wanted to be up front for Anthrax (the only band I really care about) but you guys helped and also a friend saw Ozzfest there before and a lawn ticket (the cheapest one) will give you GA for the secondary stages, perfect! So I go online to buy it but there is one AWESOME seat available (going by myself) a few sections up directly behind the handicapped row which is always almost empty. My question is, do I buy this more expensive ticket knowing I get to be up front for Anthrax and STILL have a great seat for Slipknot and Slayer? Or will the whole show be done after Anthrax since they are headlining the other stage? Ugh basically I'm willing to pay 20 bucks more for a great seat that I will not sit in until Anthrax is done...who will I see on the main stage and is it worth it. I've seen Slayer several times and they're great but I've never seen Slipknot and I like their music and really want to see them, but not more than Anthrax. Thanks for reading my novel that seat is probably gone by now:lol:

Cant wait for Slayer and Anthrax. :headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang: