Iron Maiden and Anthrax Ozzfest 2005 FUCK YEAH!

ironmaidenfan09 said:
1The thing about this board is that most of the people here are John Bush era fans.

2The Old fans of Joey had long left the band and haven't follwed them in about 10 years.

3That is why when I heard the news I looked up Anthrax.com and was excited.

4But its a bummer coming here only to have you nu fans rain on the reunion parade.

5There may be a bunch of you on here that are 'pissed' but trust me the MAJORITY of the crowd will be more into it than not TRUST ME

1. I'll give you that one on default based soley on the fact that no one would be here if they hated Bush.
2. 2 for 2. You're right about this also
3. I'm happy for ya. I'll shake anyones hand for bieng exted about Anthrax. Past or present.
4. See, that's where you lost me and most of the board. Sorry, but I'm not a nu fan. Most everyone here is a fan from the Joey era who are a) still fans of their favorite band b/c they stuck by 'em. b) actually prefer Bush to Joey. You see, even though we used to bang our head to Finale - we really bang it hard to Hy Pro Glo.
5. I don't trust you based soley on the fact that you respect no one elses opinion about this reunion. You don't want to hear it. I like a lot of others here aren't pissed at a reunion. We're pissed that all of a sudden Joey fans come out of the woodwork like you're reclaiming the crown or sumthing.

You like Joey, I like Bush. We both like Anthrax. To say sumone is a nu fan b/c they like Bush era is nonsense. You can't like Anthrax at all if you don't even recognise, listen to and respect the work they did in the 1980's.

'Nuff said

GregadetH said:
1. I'll give you that one on default based soley on the fact that no one would be here if they hated Bush.
2. 2 for 2. You're right about this also
3. I'm happy for ya. I'll shake anyones hand for bieng exted about Anthrax. Past or present.
4. See, that's where you lost me and most of the board. Sorry, but I'm not a nu fan. Most everyone here is a fan from the Joey era who are a) stillfans of their band b/c they stuck by 'em. b) actually prefer Bush to Joey. Even though we used to bang our head to Finale - we really bang it hard to Hy Pro Glo.
5. I don't trust you based soley on the fact that you respect no one elses opinion about this reunion. You don't want to hear it. I like a lot of others here aren't pissed at a reunion. We're pissed that all of a sudden Joey fans come out of the woodwork like you're reclaiming the crown or sumthing.

You like Joey, I like Bush. We both like Anthrax. To say sumone is a nu fan b/c they like Bush era is nonsense. You can't like Anthrax at all if you don't even recognise, listen to and respect the work they did in the 1980's.

'Nuff said

Here, here. Well stated my friend. I just started a new topic that says the same thing, in a slightly different way, just to welcome people back to the fold. If anything, they may be more likely to take a listen to the Bush-era stuff and like it....as long as people don't act like a bunch of shitheads and drive them away.

johnnieCzech said:
Nu fans MY ASS!!!!! I´ve been a fucking fan since State Of Euphoria came out and of course loved the old Anthrax!
The new direction is just way better, ok? I´m no blindfolded metalhead who still lives in 80´s glory, as probably you are!
Hell yeah! My words exactly, and I too entered in '88 with State of Euphoria (I was 9 years old) then went back and heard the first 3 albums. It was because of this band (and Maiden) that I turned in the direction of Metal!!Charlie's drumming made me want to do what he does. Now I am an aspiring drummer. I remained a true fan ever since despite lineup changes (enter Bush, exit Spitz). I absolutely love how they sound now too. In my ears they can do no wrong. :worship:

ironmaidenfan09 said:
The thing about this board is that most of the people here are John Bush era fans. The Old fans of Joey had long left the band and haven't follwed them in about 10 years. blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
I'd be cool with a ONE TIME TOUR with Belladonna and Spitz. But like I said before since you obviosly didn't read it:
I'M a fan since '87 and JOHN BUSH IS MUCH BETTER!!

Personally I think this one time reunion tour is a good thing. Even though I prefer the Bush era, I still have no problems with Joey. The reunion is a good chance for youngins like me who weren't alive to see the Joey era to see what it was like.

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

Joey was great with Anthrax back when their music was fun and humorous, but when Anthrax decided to become a serious metal band, John is a much better fit. I love both singers for the albums they put out. P.O.T. is still one of the best metal albums ever, but I also enjoy WCFYA and Volume 8 just as much.

As for a reunion tour, if it's a one time thing, I would have no complaints, but I can't see any kind of future albums with Joey, not with the state music is in today.

powerwolve said:
yes i am a new fan since 86, and everyday I am a nu fab because they are getting better & better

I guess we can just disagree on that one

Anthrax is a completely different band now. I do enjoy the new album but its almost so different from the Classic era stuff that its hard to even compare the sounds.

this is latest from SMNews, supposedly they were fairly accurate last year:

Main Stage:

Black Sabbath
Iron Maiden
Anthrax
Disturbed
Shadows Fall
Black Label Society

Second Stage:

Rob Zombie (2nd Stage Headliner)
Mudvayne (2nd Stage Headliner)
Killswitch Engage (Perm. Slot)
A Dozen Furies
Trivium
As I Lay Dying
Mastodon
Diecast
In Flames
Soilwork

SDSwami said:
I've said it before and I'll say it again:

Joey was great with Anthrax back when their music was fun and humorous, but when Anthrax decided to become a serious metal band
I take it you never listened to or heard the serious lyrics on STD and ATL.

John is better but Anthrax were still brutal with Joey on vocals. They played faster and to bigger slam pits.

Salutations from a brand new member to these boards. I'd just watched the Music of Mass Destruction DVD today and decided I should check out the Anthrax message board.
Count me in as one Maiden fan (you couldn't tell from the username?) that prefers John Bush over Joey. BIG time.
And while a one time deal with Joey and Dan along for the ride wouldn't be an awful thing, I'd *much* rather seen John and Rob. Unfortunately, my area of VA is a wasteland of concert activity, so I've never seen Anthrax live. If they're on the Ozzfest bill this year, that's definitely going to change.
I wonder what John's reaction to all this would be.

Johns reaction will be a 4th of July gig with Armored Saint at my house. Complete with Fried Chicken, Potato Salad, Carne Asada, Rice and Beans

And oh a shitload of beer and weed for the stoners too.