Ozzfest Reunion?

Don't get me wrong i lke pre-bush Anthrax, in fact ever since the last album i've been listening to more and more old stuff. However to do a tour with Joey would not only be an insult to J-Bush but an insult to all us die hard ANTHRAX fans. SOWN was the metal album that made me stand up and say "yeah" this is what it's all about.... To take a step 10 years back without bush or bello would be horrible... SAY NO TO OLD SCHOOL!!!!:yell: :yell: :yell:

i think its fucking great,especially if they get to australia with it,anthrax cant survive the ways things are and who knows john bush might want to make another armored saint record,have to wait for official words still might be alot of shit.

money talks and anthrax need all the exposure they can get,i think alot of people forget how big anthrax were,i personally thought attack of the killer b's ep was the most promoted anthrax record ever and anthrax would have made it too the big league if belladonna was with them for sown record.

johnnieCzech said:
These tabloid Blabbercockintheirmouth assholes are bugging the message boards...how lame.

yeah. how lame of them to tap message boards? It makes me watch what I say on here.

"blabbercockintheirmouth"...ha ha hah hah ha . good one !!!

mrthrax said:
i think its fucking great,especially if they get to australia with it,anthrax cant survive the ways things are and who knows john bush might want to make another armored saint record,have to wait for official words still might be alot of shit.

money talks and anthrax need all the exposure they can get,i think alot of people forget how big anthrax were,i personally thought attack of the killer b's ep was the most promoted anthrax record ever and anthrax would have made it too the big league if belladonna was with them for sown record.

1990 is past and trend as change, i think Anthrax as keep a great fanbase and as reach credibility and one of the reason for that is because they have kick Joey ass out of the band and hire John. If they had continue with him after persistance, they wouldn't exist today.
John Bush is a great person and one of the best metal singer, and the sound of Anthrax depend a lot by is voice. He bring more for Anthrax and have been the singer of the band for longer than Joey. He deserve more respect.
That would be a joke and a lot of peoples will laugh of the band if they do that. They will lost the respect they have gain all this years. Do you think they will sell more record in the futur with Joey in the band??? I dont think so.
Bring back Frankie, go back in the studio and put out another great record. Go on the road with the current lineup (the greatest ever, IMHO) maybe it's not Ozzfest and it's small club, but it's better a 2 hours set with John in front of great fans who love the band than a 15 minutes set with Joey in front of a big audience of people who dont give a fuck about Anthrax.
Just my 2 cents!! :yuk:

i'm not a big fan of the all day rock fests anymore. especially when you have to listen to 7 hours of bands you don't like to see 1 or 2 bands you dig. i'm driving 3 hours to see black label society in connecticut, and i drove 8 hours to see anthrax in new york. i wouldn't drive an hour to see ozzfest even with bls and thrax on the bill.

johnnieCzech said:
After reading Billy´s thread on Milano board, I saw it at the SODMOD fansite-Sharon Osbourne told Anthrax they could play Ozzfest only in the Joey and Dan lineup-hence the reunion.
So it´s really true I guess-Anthrax is going to sell their asses out. The condition itself doesn´t make any sense to me. Anthrax would crush everyone´s ass at Ozzfest stage, in CURRENT lineup. Making nostalgia acts with Joey´s cheesy and weak falsetto would be just silly and funny. Don´t remember to wear spandex and bulletbelts while you´re at it.
I hope there is still a way to reconsider the offer which is just plain stupid.

Ozzfest sucks and Sharon is a greedy bitch, Randy Rhoads´and Castillo´s ghosts should haunt her on a nightly basis.
Thats complete BS Johnnie!! I seriously hope you are wrong about this because then I will go back to Anthrax hating again...Joey is everything that I hated about Anthrax. His vocals plain and simple, suck(sorry to all the people that like the old Anthrax, its just my opinion on Joey) I recently got into them after hearing the new stuff and I think John Bush is WAY better then Belladonna....His vocals are the epitome of 80's buttrock in my opinion...Why would Sharon want this???

MyHatredforYouRunsDeep said:
Thats complete BS Johnnie!! I seriously hope you are wrong about this because then I will go back to Anthrax hating again...Joey is everything that I hated about Anthrax. His vocals plain and simple, suck(sorry to all the people that like the old Anthrax, its just my opinion on Joey) I recently got into them after hearing the new stuff and I think John Bush is WAY better then Belladonna....His vocals are the epitome of 80's buttrock in my opinion...Why would Sharon want this???
I agree with you, but as I said before...
Sharon is a greedy bitch who probably hasn´t ever heard of Anthrax, she only knows of Judas Priest and Black Sabbath having reunited bringing more money into HER purse...remember, she didn´t hesitate to turn her beloved husband into a laughing stock because of money!
Now let´s wait for the band response.

johnnieCzech said:
I agree with you, but as I said before...
Sharon is a greedy bitch who probably hasn´t ever heard of Anthrax.
Yes she has. Anthrax opened for Ozzy on the No Rest For The Wicked / State Of Euphoria tour. In fact, she was quite pissed off that Anthrax was selling more T-shirts than Ozzy was on the tour.

I don't like this idea but we'll see if it's true. FYI - Joey brought it hard back in the day better than the first round of cookie cutter\growlers.

I would be okay with one show like this for shits and giggles but a whole summer tour, NOT.

nythraxfan - I saw that tour and Anthrax kicked Ozzy's ass. I left when Ozzy went into his we are the world wave in his opening song.

we dont know the whole story yet,they could have john's blessing,he may want to spend more time with his newborn or want to do another armored saint record.

Just a quick question... I get the impression Ozzfest is targeted at teens who wants to be metal/punk/bad ass but dont care about music as long as they get to wear a black t-shirt, throw the horns and have spikey hair. If its Anthrax, Lamb of God, Good Charlotte, Ashley Simpson or a bunch of Carebears assraping Sharon on stage is not very relevant to them.

Like I've I said before Anthrax with Joey was a very good band.
I was/am a huge fan of that lineup.

HOWEVER....the lineup up with John Bush put them on a whole new level of Metal. Not JUST because of J.B., I think the music quality increased also.
IMO they basically went from 'great' to 'stellar'.

I think a re-union tour would probably kill the band off. To many people would lose respect for them.
BUT...I'm not in their shoes either. That isn't my career nor livelyhood, so they have more to think about than just us fans.

well i say tell sharon you'll do it if ozzy brings back jake e lee, bob daisley and carmine appice and only plays shit off bark at the moon

ozzfest sucks anyway. i swear this was the first year i wanted to go because more than one band that was good was playing. if i had gone i wouldn't have gone near the second stage.

even if they did do this, and i hope they dont, they would be limited in what they could play. no one would actually be into being on stage, except maybe joey, and it would, it would turn anthrax into a joke bigger than metallica

when i read this i actually got pissed that ozzy would allow this but then i came to my senses. and my last angry statement will be anyone who heard the NEW anthrax release the greater of two evils and stil wanted joey.......fuck that. bush rules all on that album and i wouldn't have it any other way

Well imagine if you were in John Bush´s shoes and were told: "Hey, we are going to play Ozzfest but you must be left at home and we´re gonna do it with Joey of whom we know he can´t sing but we´re got more money then, afterwards we´re maybe gonna continue with you."
If I were Bush, I would probably tell Scott and Charlie to suck my dick. And leave.

maybe bush sees it as an opportunity to take some time off and spend it with his new family? i wouldn't think he would be thrilled with them touring with belladonna without him but who knows. also, in the beginning ozzfest was great and i can understand anthrax wanting to play it badly, but ozzfests lineups have sucked more ass than the year before, and it sucks donkey balls now, so why would they want to do this " reunion" for ozzfest, money is a factor i'm sure. if charlie didn't burn his bridges with milano, maybe an sod reunion would be a better idea. but milano apparently refuses to ever work with charlie again, i would like to hear charlie's version of events as to why milano hates him so much now, i have never heard his side of the conflict. a reunited sod would be much better than a reunited anthrax with belladonna