Iron Maiden and Anthrax Ozzfest 2005 FUCK YEAH!

Oct 5, 2003
Visit site
This is the shit! I can't wait I hope these rumors are true. Maiden will definetely put on the best stage show of any past Ozzfest performance. And if Anthrax gets to play with Joey holly fuck. John is cool and all but who wouldn't want to hear the Classic Anthrax line up!

I hope this is all true, I will be spending alot of money on a pit ticket for this one!

Man ... this sux. I tell you why! Coz I wasn't planning on travelling to Europe and overseas til next year.

I would for one like to see Joey sing live one more time but John is Anthrax's singer and make no mistake about that.

Also to finally see Maiden live ... my wish would finally come true to see these Gods of Heavy Metal in the flesh!

aliasp said:
Man ... this sux. I tell you why! Coz I wasn't planning on travelling to Europe and overseas til next year.

I would for one like to see Joey sing live one more time but John is Anthrax's singer and make no mistake about that.

Also to finally see Maiden live ... my wish would finally come true to see these Gods of Heavy Metal in the flesh!

Yeah dude I hope you can make it over here too! I have seen Maiden over 10 times and every time is fucking amazing. They put on the best show of any metal band to ever step on a stage. They don't just come out and play they always go all out with the stage set and lights etc etc. They are simply the best heavy metal band in history.

The first time I saw Anthrax was in 91 when they opened for Maiden. That was fuckin bad ass as well. I like John as a singer, I was an Armored Saint fan as well. But no matter how you slice it those old songs will never sound the same if he is singing them. No disprespect to john at all. I would love to hear Indians, Among the living, Caught In Mosh, Madhouse etc with Joey back on the mic.

Here's something a lot of you may have noticed, and maybe some of you have ignored, but it seems like since this reunion talk started we have had a major upsurge of new folks posting to this board. Maybe there are a lot of people that have been waiting in the wings for this to happen.

jdelpi said:
Who says we want them to sound the same?

I know a lot of you young kids on here can't relate and I understand.

But trust me the OLD SCHOOL Anthrax fans that were fans of the band through the 80's and early 90's are VERY excited to hear that they may do a tour with Joey. Joey might not be as good as a singer as John Bush but its like listening to Iron Maiden play their old Classics with a different singer. Its just not the same. Its cool to hear John Bush sing the old Anthrax classics but its just not the same as having the original singer do them.

I think its cool that there are some younger Anthrax fans that have gotten into Anthrax since the days of Joey. I personally don't like the John Bush Era Anthrax but That doesn't mean i talk badly about John Bush its just a different Direction Anthrax went which they had to do to survive.

There are almost no similarities between the 80's and P.O.T. Anthrax and the John Bush Era Anthrax its like 2 different bands. I think its just cool that us OLD FARTS will get to hear Anthrax again how we remember them back in the day, let us have our fun, you never know you just may enjoy it too! :yuk:

PS.

It would be so amazing to see Anthrax come out on stage with that HUGE clock like they had on the Persistence of Time tour! Fuck that would rule!

I just have to say something. I know I don't post alot here but I just got to say that I am extremely disapointed about this reunion. I have been a fan since Spreading the Disease. When We've come for you all came out I thought It was one their best. John Bush is hands down way better! I bought the new album, the dvd, and seen them at least 6 times the past year and a half. So if I attend Ozzfest this year, I will be the guy at the Massachusettes show giving them the finger their entire set. Nuff said from one ex fan. Sorry to ruffle feathers, I just feel let down!

ironmaidenfan09 said:

But trust me the OLD SCHOOL Anthrax fans that were fans of the band through the 80's and early 90's are VERY excited to hear that they may do a tour with Joey. Joey might not be as good as a singer as John Bush but blah, blah, blah blah, blah blah blah, blah, blah blah, blah, blah blah, blah, blah blah, blah, blah blah, blah, blah blah, blah, blah blah, blah, blah !
First of all, Justin's been more involved with Anthrax than 99% of us on here. He can "relate".
Secondly, I'm one of the OLD SCHOOL Anthrax fans since '87 and John Bush's vocals are 10,000,000 times better than Joey's.
Bush > Belladonna. Hince the title, The Greater Of Two Evils.

I love Spreading the disease album, but as a whole I like the John Bush era much better. I just hope this wont alienate John in the long run.

ironmaidenfan09 said:

But trust me the OLD SCHOOL Anthrax fans that were fans of the band through the 80's and early 90's are VERY excited to hear that they may do a tour with Joey. Joey might not be as good as a singer as John Bush but its like listening to Iron Maiden play their old Classics with a different singer. Its just not the same. Its cool to hear John Bush sing the old Anthrax classics but its just not the same as having the original singer do them.

I think its cool that there are some younger Anthrax fans that have gotten into Anthrax since the days of Joey. I personally don't like the John Bush Era Anthrax but That doesn't mean i talk badly about John Bush its just a different Direction Anthrax went which they had to do to survive.

There are almost no similarities between the 80's and P.O.T. Anthrax and the John Bush Era Anthrax its like 2 different bands. I think its just cool that us OLD FARTS will get to hear Anthrax again how we remember them back in the day, let us have our fun, you never know you just may enjoy it too! :yuk:

PS.

It would be so amazing to see Anthrax come out on stage with that HUGE clock like they had on the Persistence of Time tour! Fuck that would rule!

Yeah, most of the people here are from the old school. You aren't impressing anybody. You're a huge Maiden fan right? It sounds better when Bruce is singing Blaze Bailey songs, right? (if you disagree with me on that one then you truly interesting taste)

Another "if nobody else noticed" thing: Remember when Wu stated that his hands are tied? Anybody else willing to bet the main reason they're doing this is label pressure? Right now, I'm of the opinion that SuckMyBallstuary or whoever they're with wants them to make more money, and they believe if they go to Ozzfest they'll do better off, though they don't want to claim it's official until they're sure. In fact, maybe that's why so few copies of TGOTE were distributed - as many people mentioned, kinda dumb having John sing Joey songs then having a reuinion tour. In fact, just to prepare everyone, Anthrax has always stated that "John is our singer." Don't be surprised if Scott or Charlie come out and say "Yeah man, the reuinion tour is gonna be crazyawesomespectaularamazingwoopdeedoobangbang! The fans will love this!" because something tells me that the label isn't gonna let them say they hate the idea, and if they're gonna do it, they may as well get something out of it. Nobody will go if they know the band isn't behind it.

Rozy157 said:
Here's something a lot of you may have noticed, and maybe some of you have ignored, but it seems like since this reunion talk started we have had a major upsurge of new folks posting to this board. Maybe there are a lot of people that have been waiting in the wings for this to happen.

i noticed,we do have to respect that there is two different schools of fans here,hell i didnt even see anthrax with joey and there would be a hell of alot more fans that did see it and cant wait for it to return,just remember anthrax is bigger than all of us and it decides its course not us.

i personally would love to see anthrax with joey then i can make my own mind up.

just adding to rozy post,its also quite wierd how tgote is getting so much full page adds in metal mags,i didnt see one for wcfya lol,join the dots people.

The thing about this board is that most of the people here are John Bush era fans. The Old fans of Joey had long left the band and haven't follwed them in about 10 years. That is why when I heard the news I looked up Anthrax.com and was excited. But its a bummer coming here only to have you nu fans rain on the reunion parade.

There may be a bunch of you on here that are 'pissed' but trust me the MAJORITY of the crowd will be more into it than not TRUST ME

ironmaidenfan09 said:
The thing about this board is that most of the people here are John Bush era fans. The Old fans of Joey had long left the band and haven't follwed them in about 10 years. That is why when I heard the news I looked up Anthrax.com and was excited. But its a bummer coming here only to have you nu fans rain on the reunion parade.

There may be a bunch of you on here that are 'pissed' but trust me the MAJORITY of the crowd will be more into it than not TRUST ME

Nu fans????? WTF, i'm a fan since among the living and you call me a nu fans??? You should call me a TRUE fans 'cause i've always followed and love them, even in the low moments (When Frank's quit). And you call yourself a fans??? You quit the boat when they have hire a better singer. And you have never give John Bush a true chance!
I'm a long time fans, i think they have made better album with John on vocal. The music is better, the production is better, the songs are better and the voice is a lot better.
And you said: ¨The thing about this board is that most of the people here are John Bush era fans.¨ You're wrong mr. fans, most of the people here are true Anthrax fans, not Joey or John era fans, we have always be fans. Wathever the line-up is or was. But the majority think that they make an error a this stage of they're career. And yes, a lot of us prefer John.

You pissed me off, come here and call us to be not true fans.
:devil:

Matt Bello said:
Nu fans????? WTF, i'm a fan since among the living and you call me a nu fans??? You should call me a TRUE fans 'cause i've always followed and love them, even in the low moments (When Frank's quit). And you call yourself a fans??? You quit the boat when they have hire a better singer. And you have never give John Bush a true chance!
I'm a long time fans, i think they have made better album with John on vocal. The music is better, the production is better, the songs are better and the voice is a lot better.
And you said: ¨The thing about this board is that most of the people here are John Bush era fans.¨ You're wrong mr. fans, most of the people here are true Anthrax fans, not Joey or John era fans, we have always be fans. Wathever the line-up is or was. But the majority think that they make an error a this stage of they're career. And yes, a lot of us prefer John.

You pissed me off, come here and call us to be not true fans.
:devil:

I'm with yea matt, tru fans are the ones that have always been here... i'm a fan since mid 80's, we are the ones who have kept anthrax alive all these years (WHERE WERE YOU?)... Can't help it if the music has grown and got better and are not stuck in the past... ( Cut Your Mullet!)

I PREFER BUSH!

ironmaidenfan09 said:

Nu fans MY ASS!!!!! I´ve been a fucking fan since State Of Euphoria came out and of course loved the old Anthrax!
The new direction is just way better, ok? I´m no blindfolded metalhead who still lives in 80´s glory, as probably you are!