McCain Picks VP

I quiver at the sight of huge words like "puritanical" and "lamenting."

:rolleyes:

I think that's a bit of a stretch, but Derek has been known to display his impressive vocabulary at times, even when it may have been a little unnecessary.

A little elitism never hurt anyone, though. If anything it helps those affected think outside the box and possibly have an appreciation for words rarely used. I mean, this place is a great forum (forgive the pun) for such displays. It's fun and overwhelmingly easy to learn new words in something as simple as your native language.

It's not really a matter of not knowing what he means because I seriously doubt people have a problem with understanding it; however, if we were speaking face to face it would be somewhat laughable to speak in such a manner. Sure, sometimes he speaks like he's addressing the UN Security Council, but I doubt he does it when he's in a bar having beers with friends. If he did, it would come off very Good Will Hunting-ish and starved for attention.

I don't think he's trying to impress anyone...at least I hope he isn't. If that were the case, I'm more impressed by bi or multi-lingual people...by that I mean those not crossing the border somewhere between California and Texas. Someone who actually studies different languages and not one from a place they grew up in, and English doesn't count since it's international. I always had a problem with people who move for long periods of time to a foreign country and don't speak the native language. A serious problem. A punch in the dick kind of problem. "Where is the bathroom?", "yes", "no", "please", "thank you", or "I'll have this on the menu" doesn't count. One should actually speak the language and be able to carry on a conversation that doesn't have to do with work, either. If not, you're just a tourist and will always be treated as such. This problem is rampant here.

I kinda agree with Obammy that family issues like that are usually off limits.

But, since SP lied and claimed it to be hers at first, if I am correct, then she asked for it.

if you guys actually took the time to read either article, youd know that the daughter is pregnant with a different baby, not the retard baby that already popped out that was trying to be attached to her by liberal/conspiracy bloggers.

Whoooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaa holdonasec.

Whatever family issues someone has should stay out of the public eye, yes, IF THAT PERSON IS *NOT* RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT/VICE PRESIDENT OF THE MOST POWERFUL NATION IN THE WORLD. You're telling me that Palin originally made a public announcement that she was 5 months pregnant when it was really HER DAUGHTER??? Or am I mistaken? I'm confused...too many fucking children.

Nevermind...her daughter just got knocked up. This doesn't have anything to do with the whole is it SP's baby or her daughter's, right? This is a completely different baby?

And what kind of names are these for kids? Trig? Bristol? Did they have an affinity with mathematics and English cities or something?

I told you people that Alaskans are all fucking retarded.

EDIT: I was close...they named her after Bristol Bay...the cold, barren side of Alaska.

Then there's something else about how she was running against her "stepmother-in-law" in Wasilla. It's late and I'm trying to figure out what exactly a "stepmother-in-law" is. Help.

Thanks...it's 630 am...my brain is fried. I smoked tonight.

Saw this too...

"Family friends said the couple has had some discipline problems with Track, who recently joined the Army. "Track was a big hockey star, and when you're a jock in high school there's a certain amount of ego and problems that goes with that," Kincaid said.

Read that as, "Track was a spoiled, rich, cocky asshole".

So we've got Track, Trig, Bristol, Piper, and Willow. Trig from the Norse god, Bristol from Bristol Bay, Piper I'm sure from a Piper Cub airplane that's very common in Alaska, and Willow from the town of the same name.

What a bunch of gonads. If my mom named me Willow, I'd fucking kill her.