McCain Picks VP

Well, the good news is that America will be forced to vote for either a black man or a woman. This should be very interesting.

I'm kinda with Derek on this one; a slap in the face is better than a boot to the jaw. I personally think Obama is kind of a pussy when it comes to foreign relations, although he has the right idea. McCain to me represents more of the "same ole, same ole" politics, even if he chose a female VP who's younger than my mom.

Really, Isabel hit the nail on the head last night in her post. It's no longer about ideologies and party trends in the past; there are real stakes this time around. If people don't get help soon, they are going to lose their homes, jobs, and the foreign relations quagmire the US has gotten itself into is going to just be exacerbated with another staunchly Republican president. The American people don't need to hear about plans and intentions, they want RESULTS. They don't care how you do it, just DO IT.

I'm with Eric, though, about being sick of blaming everything on 9/11 and the war in Iraq. The Iraq war never went as badly as you people think it has...just the image of the US has been tarnished. In fact, the war has actually been a complete success on the part of the US; the biggest problem is getting these primitive cave-dwelling Iraqis to stop killing each other because their great-great-great-great grandfather belonged to this type of tribe in this part of Iraq and therefore they are forever this type of Iraqi because of something their family did eons ago. It did not sit well with me when those fuckers went on vacation for a month in the middle of the parliamentary crisis a couple of years ago, and we were left holding down the fort, so to speak. The Iraqi people want something for nothing, and they've always been like that. This is a people who will jump on the bandwagon of who's winning, not stand up and fight for what is right, and that is 90% of the reason why we didn't leave a year after we put boots on the ground, like the plan was.

You do realize that all American forces were initially slated to be out of Iraq no later than one year after D-day, right? My point is, if you're worried about Iraq, neither candidate has the power to do anything. After investing all these lives, this money, and this time in Iraq, do you believe Obama is just going to yank us out of there, only to return a month later after the country implodes? No way...neither is McCain. The real people who are the deciding factor are the Iraqis, and they've been milking this shit for years.

Another thing, I was really surprised when McCain started publicly joking about "Bomb Iran, bomb iran, bomb, bomb, Iran" to the tune of the Beach Boys. There's a reason Iranians gather every Friday to burn American flags and chant "death to America" every Friday after prayers. Some peaceful relgion, huh? That's another story, though, and yes, I know they aren't Muslims.

Anyway, that was extremely irresponsible to publicly joke about bombing a sovereign country, especially with tensions as high as they are now. That's some redneck, armchair general shit right there. If we get into a war with Iran, Iraq is going to look like Granada.

Really, Isabel hit the nail on the head last night in her post. It's no longer about ideologies and party trends in the past; there are real stakes this time around. If people don't get help soon, they are going to lose their homes, jobs, and the foreign relations quagmire the US has gotten itself into is going to just be exacerbated with another staunchly Republican president.

The situation was pretty dire after Bush's first term, not all his fault either, but he was OBVIOUSLY not going down a path that would have fixed things (on a domestic and foreign scale) and would have caused more harm 4 years down the line. Now here we are, in a recession, in a fuel crisis with 4 more years of global anti-Bush/USA sentiment allowed to set in... surrounded by the bad choices and policies of the out-going administration.. the American voters kind of put themselves in this situation imo. Obama is not the cure-all for this, but it's POTENTIALLY a SMALL, VERY FUCKING SMALL step in the right direction.

The Iraq war never went as badly as you people think it has...

Were you there? A lot of people who were, soldiers and reporters alike, both would disagree with you.

In fact, the war has actually been a complete success on the part of the US

wat

the biggest problem is getting these primitive cave-dwelling Iraqis to stop killing each other because their great-great-great-great grandfather belonged to this type of tribe in this part of Iraq and therefore they are forever this type of Iraqi because of something their family did eons ago.

This is true. But want to know another truth? America shouldn't even be in Iraq. The reasoning given by the Bush administration is so ridiculous... the US might as well invade Iran, North Korea, Syria, Lebanon and god knows who else under the same premise. Iraq had no ties to Al Quaeda, they never attacked or threatened to attack you, so what was the reason? Some kind of pre-emptive strike?? Wtf :lol: A lot more nations posed a greater risk to you post 9/11... I mena fuck look at the resources spent on the Iraq war, which had nothing to do with 9/11 or the "War on Terror", and look what you spent on the Afghanistan war, a country directly linked to Al Quaeda and the 9/11 attacks... seriously it's kind of stomach turning. Canada is always there for the USA, and we're in Afghanistan now, but even we opted out of the Iraq war.

My point is, if you're worried about Iraq, neither candidate has the power to do anything. After investing all these lives, this money, and this time in Iraq, do you believe Obama is just going to yank us out of there, only to return a month later after the country implodes? No way...neither is McCain.
This should be fucking tattooed on every voter's face.

If we get into a war with Iran, Iraq is going to look like Granada.

+1 :lol: Unlike Iraq, Iran can actually fucking fight back and the infrastructure won't implode like a house of cards. And on a slightly related note, as much as I hate to say it, the Jews are fucking the kings of the middle east. Those guys sit in the middle of region, hated by EVERYONE, and basically give them all the finger and kick the shit out of every militant group who oppose them.

I vote we go back to B-52 and B-1B bombings. Probably more effective than driving over IEDs. Plus, I've always had a fascination with seeing it raining bombs.