Mechanical Poet...anybody know 'em?

ashaman7122

Crazy on a ship of fools
Dec 11, 2002
Anybody into them? Anybody care?

Just recently scored this CD after seeing it at www.lasercd.com.

A band from Russia with a flair for the weird. What a truly unique, oddball, but totally heavy, prog album called Woodland Prattlers.

I believe they might have some earlier albums. Anyone know anything enlightening about them?

Rock on!

Amazing band and big time unique. I have always described it as Danny Elfman goes Metal. Alas, they broke up about 4 months or so ago :(

Apparently there will be some other projects rising from those ashes though www.mechanicalpoet.net

Did you get the Limited Edition from Ken? That has the first EP (Handmade Essence) bundled as well, which I think is the best.

amazing stuff... the mastermind behind MP used to have a Crimson Glory-like band called Lady Prowler, which, unfortunately, didn't release any albums.

MetalAges said:
Amazing band and big time unique. I have always described it as Danny Elfman goes Metal. Alas, they broke up about 4 months or so ago :(

Apparently there will be some other projects rising from those ashes though www.mechanicalpoet.net

Did you get the Limited Edition from Ken? That has the first EP (Handmade Essence) bundled as well, which I think is the best.

Aarghh...no I didn't get the Limited Edition...and that's not like me...didn't see it until too late...

Might have to pick that up too...thanks for the tip, Deron...

Broken up already? Well...it figures...I'll check the website for "life after," I suppose.

Rock on!