Meet and Greet

Heliotropic_Rose

in the soil beneath
Nov 17, 2004
Austin, Texas
do you guys think its worth it . . . . the dollar amount isn't an issue, but if a lot of people are possibly going to do it then you might not get much time to talk to the guys . . . . that or I'm afraid they'll be hung over and not really want to do or say much

I see it like this...Why pay the extra money to just get in early and talk/get stuff signed when you will more than likely get to afterward, or catch the guys outside/or at the bar? These type of packages sound more like for a Kiss or Metallica show.

hmm I dunno, dunno if I agree with that, usually you pay more than 40 just for a ticket to good bands, TOOL, metallica, bands like that are more than 40 just to watch them live. And I've been to a lot of bands I really like that are small and I never had the occasion to meet them at a bar or after the show.

Weird. I Saw them 3 times and have met them twice. I have also met Opeth several times, Shadows Fall, Soilwork, In Flames, Dark Tranquillity, Nevermore, and several other bands just by hanging out like a man groupie after the show. I met both Martins from Opeth walking around Boston before their Damnation show.

How I put it, I didn't mean however much money, I just mean that this meet and greet stuff doesn't seem like a thing for a band like Katatonia who you can actually meet anyways after a gig. I don't see a point in paying extra money just to get in early and do stuff you can generally do during/after the gig anyways. But it's all up to you.

"usually you pay more than 40 just for a ticket to good bands, TOOL, metallica"

Katatonia gigs are cheaper and better than good ;)

I've done it Montreal and it WASN'T worth it at all. Only reason is that regular tickets were sold out.
As already said, if you want to talk to the guys (which is cool, however) you can do it for free. The poster was really small too, a nice souvenir but that's it (of course it had the Normanns in, so it's not even up-to-date).

hmm I dunno, dunno if I agree with that, usually you pay more than 40 just for a ticket to good bands, TOOL, metallica, bands like that are more than 40 just to watch them live. And I've been to a lot of bands I really like that are small and I never had the occasion to meet them at a bar or after the show.

That's pretty much why I bought the VIP tickets. I'm used to paying around that much more anyways, so I was like "Fuck it, I'll just get the VIP tickets." It was pretty much an impulse buy. I'll see how it goes on the 26th.

I'm not interested in meeting bands in that context or after the show tbh. Whatever floats yer boat though.

I don't see a point in paying extra money just to get in early and do stuff you can generally do during/after the gig anyways.

Maybe to give a little more support to the band? This is their JOB, guys. I will gladly support them in anyway. Even if I don't get to hang out with them much at the meet and greet, I am glad to give them another $40 in their pockets. They deserve it.