Meet up for the Astoria Gig

saxonmckenz

Sep 17, 2002
Visit site
Paxoman and Pete Day, are you going to the gig? I don't know if you remember me but we met in Belgium and I met Pete for the first time in Derby.

Lets organize a good drinking session before the gig.

Anyone else want to meet up?

macc189 said:
im almost certain im going so ill meet up if anyone can pin down a watering hole
Yeah count me in.As long as we don't start at the moon under the water or whatever its called.We should have met there last time but it was rammed.I did meet acouple of people who use the forum but finding Pax and Fingers was inpossible.So I surgest we meet somwhere different and then get lash and move on to other pubs and the the gig.

hi Saxonmckenz,
yes i remember the meet up. and i am as per usual i am up for a meet and drink.
I was going to suggest The Moon under water again but Wilks seems to think this is a bad idea.
Well yes and know really.

For me i would always suggest the intrepid Fox to meet as that place is cool but it is a bit off the beaten path and although not hard to find , for someone who is an outsider to london may be difficult to locate.

So hence the Moon under the Water along Charing Cross road...it is easy to find and big enough for us to have a meet up in....tell you what..this sounds like a cool plan.

Use the Moon under water to meet up in...you will not miss us as i will bring along the big Union Jack that has the big 'S ' logo of Saxon on it and will attempt to have it up.... i will call in and have a word with the manager to see if he will allow me to have that placed over the balcony upstairs (it is worth a try)
if not then let us now say the Balcony area is the meet up area this way we can at least find one another....

does that sound like a plan? (ps i promise not to be to drunk as i have the day off yippeeeee!!)

pete

Definitely sounds like a plan to meet up, but the Moon under the Water is shut and being turned into a "Lloyds" which is part of the Wetherspoons chain but a bit poncier so the banner idea I would guess is likely to be a no no.

We've plenty of time to arrange a meet, so get some pub suggestions in, if its off the beaten track or not, you can always find it via streetmap.com.

Roll on October :headbang:

Hi Saxonmckenz. Yes of course me and Sam remember you! And yes we are going (we already have our tickets).

I don't live in London anymore so don't really know what's going on as regards to pubs. But The moon under water would have been the best pub to meet up in, but seeing as it's being turned into a Lloyds, that might be a no no now. Molly Mogg's is a bit further up from the Moon under water, but it's only a very small pub.

Anyway, we have loads of time before the gig, so we have plenty of time to sort something out.

Cheers! Keep in touch with the venue for the meet.

Is it the large venue, like the last time or is it downstairs?
Is the eagle going to be there?
Any special guests?

saxonmckenz said:
Cheers! Keep in touch with the venue for the meet.

Is it the large venue, like the last time or is it downstairs?
Is the eagle going to be there?
Any special guests?
Its definitely the larger venue as last time. :headbang:

righty oh, yes the Moon under Water is out it has been turned into a trendy bar!!! yikes!!

so further plans are moving ahead....i am going to pop into the Ship pub which is on Wardour street and have a chat with the owner (who seems to favour rock music, they do a rock night once a week). I am hoping that they will allow us the use of the bar area to meet up and have some decent music on before the gig. I am going to see if i can arrange this from midday onwards.
The Ship pub is up the street from the Intrepid Fox, on the right as you walk up to Oxford street.

I will let all know if this is possible, there is plenty of time to get this organised so no rush.