Sheffield Meet up?

I,m staying at the Bristol but won't get there till 6.30. Could you choose a pub & time where you'll be that is near to the hotel or venue. I do not want to be walking all over sheffield to meet you guys. Doors open 6.30, backing band etc. SAXON prob wont' be on before 8 if not later.

Got the message valance !starting off from cornwall in 12hrs! if you see a confuesd biker with a Kernow sticker on the back of a old bmw shout! saxon as i will need directions . manythanks for the post code! BACK ON THE STREETS AGAIN! Robsaxon.

No probs! Quite a journey ahead of you eh! We'l keep an eye open for you mate!

The Nelson:

Open from 4pm
I will contact them and request Saxon to be played.

http://www.myspace.com/the_nelson_rock_bar

Paxoman has my number if you can't find it.

Ok I bow to your superior up to date knowledge ,in my defence I didn't know the Nelson was still open in fact I'm sure I went to a closing night there in 1979 !!! My haunt in the 70's was the legendary Wopen Take ,its now The Kasbar ,last went in a couple of years ago downstairs and it seemed as it ever was .I don't know The Corporation but I've been in the real ale pub near it Devonshire Cat, Wellington Street, S1 4HG, we'll be in there before the gig.I'm afraid when you get to my age the quality of the beer takes precedence over everything else :kickass: :headbang:

Ok I bow to your superior up to date knowledge ,in my defence I didn't know the Nelson was still open in fact I'm sure I went to a closing night there in 1979 !!! My haunt in the 70's was the legendary Wopen Take ,its now The Kasbar ,last went in a couple of years ago downstairs and it seemed as it ever was .I don't know The Corporation but I've been in the real ale pub near it Devonshire Cat, Wellington Street, S1 4HG, we'll be in there before the gig.I'm afraid when you get to my age the quality of the beer takes precedence over everything else :kickass: :headbang:

It shut down and then re-opened again , and then shut down and re=opened yet again! Now it's much better with a nice red and black decor. :)

I've never been into The Devonshire Cat, walked past it loads on way to Corporation though!

I believe The Sportsman, closest pub to the City Hall have a Rock night on a Friday night!
My boyfriend only just reminded me about this place...so might be heading over there, as it's directly across the road from the City Hall.

Well, i'm off now, hope to see some of you on Friday! :)

Right Ladies :lol: and Gents :lol:

Lets get serious or a serious as we can :lol:

A number of us are staying in the Hotel Bristol, so the bar there seems a good starting point as Sammi said earlier. :kickass:

From there why don't we settle on "The Nelson on Furnival Gate" ( I assume this is near the venue couldn't be @rsed opening the map, please advise Bec :) ) Then if anyone is late (Wilks allegedly :Smug: ) they will know where to find us.

These are just my thoughts, feel free to disagree or come up with another suggestion. But can I suggest we settle on a venue sooner rather than later and maybe someone who lives locally could request they play non-stop Saxon for us all afternoon :headbang:

Yeah good idea mate, sounds like a plan to me.

Saxonmckenz - You've got my mobile number so just ring or text me to see where we are.

Wilks - You'll be late, so ring or text me to see where we are! :lol: