Meeting Them After A Show...

chaos-wolf

New Metal Member
Jun 5, 2007
I'm SUPER excited for Amon Amarth to be coming to Mesa soon,and better yet, the fact that if you wait around long enough after the show, they'll go up and talk to you or whatever....
I would love to meet them, but, like, what do you do? Just stand around untill everyone leaves? Do any of you guys know?
Because I'll probably have some more bands to sit through,....so how long do you suppose one would have to wait?

if you wanna chance you better go BEFORE the show,like 4 hours before and see if you cacht them before sound check, after gigs is harder(although nothing is impossible)..but the sooner the better..

Last time they came by paris, i went to the gig with some friends and after the performance i left with this other dude to get something to eat.. meanwhile my other friends who stayed at the entrance of the concert room (outside) saw Amon Amarth coming out so they had a chat and took pics.. by the time i came back they were gone, i was so pissed.
So i'd say wait about 30 minutes to an hour after the gig, at the entrance.

They will need to pack their stuff up after the gig. My suggestion is to find the tour vehicle (whatever it may be). They usually come out to meet and greet after the show, though, if there is time. Beer is a good bribe. Sometimes there is little time between one show and the next and lots of miles to drive to get there, that they litterally have to leave right away.

oh okay,....that makes a little more sence than waiting four hours before the show,...
The shows i've been to, they wouldn't let you take cameras in,...what should i do about that?

hmmm, this suggsestion of yours is a possibility,....
but i checked and the next show is the very next day,....
hmmmmm < ___ <

Yeah, but they still have to pack the stuff off the stage. The guys have to drive to the next venue themselves a lot, so sometimes they have to leave right away, like I said. It also depends on who's opening for whom - if AA is opening, sometimes there's time for them to stay and relax and have a beer while the other bands play, but if they are the last band on, then they might be in a rush.
As for me, I am still trying to figure out how to get to either Edmonton or Salt Lake City. Nothing annoys me more than being so close yet so far away from The Baby Brother...

ohhhh, okay,....i dunno, i was thinking they'd be somewhere in the middle of the line up,....

They're pretty accessible after their set is done. They all hang out by the merch table for a while which is where I talked to them.

Beer doesn't always work either. I told Johan that I had crate of beer in the parking lot for him and he said it was "too cold."

They're pretty accessible after their set is done. They all hang out by the merch table for a while which is where I talked to them.

Beer doesn't always work either. I told Johan that I had crate of beer in the parking lot for him and he said it was "too cold."

OHH! Okay,....so far your idea is the best ^ - ^ and super helpful.

Yes, either merch table or wait before/after the show.

My first meeting with Johan was at random. I just happened to be driving into Philly when he walked out of a Chinese resturant and in front of my car.

We kept driving and found a good parking spot, watched the show, but we missed half their set because we were at a Children of Bodom signing. During COB's set, I went back to Amon's merch table and they were there signing autographs. I hung out with them for a while, got pictures and stuff signed, and did it without annoyance.

A few days later I went to New York to see the same show, and hopefully see what I missed from Amon's set. The show was sold out for two months, but my brother and I ended up getting tickets that very day. Talk about luck,hahah!

Anyway, we started walking down the street, and as soon as we turn around, we run into Amon Amarth. They took me and my brother out to lunch with them, it was awesome.

Oh and Johan loves my mom:lol:

Moral of the story is, they're awesome guys, and they won't say no to an autograph or picture. Come before a show, stay afterwards, they'll come out, be patient is all.

WOWIEE! you are a lucky girl, i'd kill for a story that cool! :)
Okay, i have a while and it's only a maybe that i'm even going but ja, i'll have patience.