Megadeth broke up

I think they took down the Megadeth bulletin boards because they knew this announcement was coming. Just so everyone wouldnt go nuts on it. Thats what I think anyways :D
I saw Deth live last year and even if their new album wasnt good, they still ruled the stage live :headbang:

Originally posted by spawn

I saw Deth live last year and even if their new album wasnt good, they still ruled the stage live :headbang:

Oh yeah! :headbang: :headbang:
And I was sober at that concert too!

shit!:(

Mustaine has always been the best rythym player to hit the earth.
To loose a gift like that must be totally devastating.
Jason Becker was also a victim of loosing his gift due to a fkn illness.

I didn't get too excited about anything after rust in piece but in sydney last year - mustane was the man, and tought me a few things about how to play onstage - tight, professional and with total precision. He is a legend.

again - shit...

Originally posted by Sydo
(fuck, even a better album cover would have helped that)

Was that like a Megadeth tribute to Metallica's Enter Sandman or something? I mean, the first time I saw that picture, all I could think was the Enter Sandman video! Dave M never got over his obsession of Lars and James I guess.

Recently I read an interview with Dave Mustaine about his dream to temporarily re-unite with Lars and James (along with Dave Ellefson) and write some songs. I think that could have been a pretty good collaboration. At both points in the Metalli/Deth careers, they could have created quite a good balance.

Or it could have been a load of bollocks I suppose. I guess we'll never know.

Originally posted by Stu

Mustaine has always been the best rythym player to hit the earth.
To loose a gift like that must be totally devastating.

He was a decent lead guitarist too - remember some of that solo'ing between him and Marty on tracks like Hangar 18, Go To Hell etc? They made such a great partnership. The RIP years were their best without doubt.

To be fair though, I think Jason Becker's injury is slightly more serious - it is permanent disability. Dave Mustaine has been told that he'll recover in 12 months.

Therefore, I am pretty sure that this was just one reason out of many for the split. It's not just the compressed nerve in the arm....

Well, I dont know if he would ever recover to the extent that he could do any serious touring again (I hope im wrong though!)
I guess we just have to play the wait and see game..

Originally posted by LucioArgento

Was that like a Megadeth tribute to Metallica's Enter Sandman or something? I mean, the first time I saw that picture, all I could think was the Enter Sandman video!

I believe his Management fucked him over again. They hired a famous guy to do the cover, and he simply creates a rip-off of the video for Metallica's most famous song. If anyone disagrees, I'm sorry - but 'someone' really screwed up that descion.
Almost for the length of their career, Megadeth had been accused of 'wanting to be like Metallica'. This just confirmed those suspicions.

Originally posted by spawn
I dont think Coops is going to be very happy when he wakes up :cry:

Yeah I am bummed out... but it didn't surprise all that much... I've kinda guessed something has been up with Dave for the last few months and so to read that this morning, while disappointing, was not really a surprise.

I just feel so fucking fortunate to have the opportunity to have done what I've done while they were still around I guess.

Damn, blast, curse and bugger it all!! :mad:

I never got around to listening to as much Megadeth as I should have, but this still hurts. They were one of the most important bands in the genre, and for them to go out this way is very disappointing for band and fans alike :cry:.

W

Originally posted by Cooperman

Yeah I am bummed out... but it didn't surprise all that much... I've kinda guessed something has been up with Dave for the last few months and so to read that this morning, while disappointing, was not really a surprise.

I just feel so fucking fortunate to have the opportunity to have done what I've done while they were still around I guess.

Thats a good way of looking at it :)

Im really glad I got to see them live, and to think the day of the concert I was seriously considering not going! :eek:
I went though. I went and they rocked :D

Originally posted by Sydo

I believe his Management fucked him over again. They hired a famous guy to do the cover, and he simply creates a rip-off of the video for Metallica's most famous song. If anyone disagrees, I'm sorry - but 'someone' really screwed up that descion.
Almost for the length of their career, Megadeth had been accused of 'wanting to be like Metallica'. This just confirmed those suspicions.

I just can't believe that Dave Mustaine would have such little authority over his album covers.

I find it very interesting that the last Megadeth record had an 'ode to Metallica' front cover. Almost like a debt of gratitude perhaps?

Originally posted by Cooperman
I've been asking around all day and it appears there is more to it than what was in the press release... I'm trying to piece everything together and will report back.

Oooh... that sounds interesting and a little worrisome.... Please keep us/me informed :D

"Mustaine's decision was triggered by a series of episodes that date back to the beginning of the year. In January, he relapsed after over a decade of sobriety, a friend of the band said. He checked into a rehabilitation center in Texas, where he sustained an injury that caused severe nerve damage to his left arm and hand, endangering his ability to perform."

*Massive rant mode on*

Is that true? If so please see answer A. If not, please see answer B.

A/ If it is someone needs to slap the F**K out of Dave Mustaine, no man could possible be that stupid, surely, he has nearly killed himself a thousand times over with drugs and alcohol and he STILL goes back and does it. He is the biggest dumbass motherf**ker on the face of the earth. The first person to go "Oh but its a disease he has he cant control" or something similair is gonna get a slapping too dammit. If he wants to piss everything away then he can, but im not going to feel sorry for him because he doesnt have the balls to say no to something he KNOWS will kill him.

People like him dont deserve the gifts they were born with :mad:

B/ Wow, lucky its not true, I guess we shouldnt believe everything we read.

On another note, at least he quit and will hopefully concentrate on getting better. Still pisses me off though. If its true of course

:D

I was ready to post that thing about a relapse here when I saw Spawny had already done it. This is a damn shame. I had never been a huge Megadeth fan until I saw them play last year.

Damn.

Once a junkie, always a junkie.