U

Unregistered

Just read it at KNAC.com

Dave Mustaine Leaves Megadeth!

By Sefany Jones, Assistant Editor
Wednesday, April 3, 2002 @ 10:57 AM

Due To A Severe Injury, Vocalist Mustaine Departs From Megadeth After 20 Years

MEDIA ALERT:

DAVE MUSTAINE -- FOUNDER, VOCALIST, AND LEAD GUITARIST OF METAL PIONEERS MEGADETH -- SUFFERS SERIOUS INJURY, ANNOUNCES DEPARTURE FROM MEGADETH;
GROUP DISBANDING AFTER NEARLY 20 YEARS TOGETHER

During the first week of January 2002, while Megadeth was on hiatus, in Texas, I suffered an injury that caused severe nerve damage to my left arm and hand. It was diagnosed as Radial Neuropathy - specifically, a "compressed radial nerve." My doctors tell me it will take about a year to make as complete a recovery as I can, and even then, we don't know how complete that is going to be. I am working hard with a great team of doctors and physical therapists daily, and God willing, someday I hope to play guitar again.

In the meantime, while I work on rebuilding my arm, I will take this opportunity to reappraise my career and my future. For the time being I have decided to exit Megadeth, and explore other areas of the music business where I might make a contribution without being able to play my instrument.

I have had a terrific time singing and playing for you while I was in Megadeth. I am truly grateful for all of the numerous Gold, Platinum, and Multi-Platinum Records I have been awarded, as well as the many International Record Awards. And I can never thank you, our fans past and present, enough for your loyalty and affection over the years.

My immediate goals now are to do what I can to make something good come out of this terrible situation. First and foremost, I want to use this opportunity to devote more time, energy and attention to my wife Pam and my two children, Justis and Electra. Pam has done a wonderful job carrying the load while I was a long-distance husband and father in the studio or criss-crossing the world on tour, but in terms of being a Gold or Platinum parent, I have a long way to go, and I'm eager to get started.

In closing I would like to depart with the beautiful French words I wrote on the record Youthanasia: "A tout le monde, a tous mes amis, Je vous aime, Je dois partir." (To all the world, to all my friends. I love you, I have to leave)

Dave Mustaine
April 3rd, 2002

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: I hope he gets better