"Megadeth - SFSG.. SW"

How do you rate this album??

• 10 - fucking brilliant! 'Deth's best! One of the best records ever released!

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • 9 - among 'Deth's best work.

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • 8 - usual high 'Deth standard

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • 7 - great record, but not one of their best

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • 6 - good solid album, holds its own.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5 - average

• 4 - some good songs, could have been better

• 3 - not that great

• 2 - 'Deths worst effort, wouldn't piss on it if it were on fire.

• 1 - I don't even like 'Deth....why did I open this thread...

• Total voters

Blitzkrieg

Master Exploder
Why the hell does this album get such a hiding?!? It is fucking killer!! Full of awesome material, musicianship is mind blowing, and the best sound 'Deth have ever had, thrashy as hell!! The only problem I have with it is the shitty Sex Pistols cover, which is better than the original, and is ok when I am in the mood, but generaly is the only song that gets skipped. All in all, it's definately one of (if not my favourite) 'Deth album. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

...thought I would post a poll too, just for the hell of it. :)

Their best album ever, probably because it was the first one I heard. "In My Darkest Hour" is still one of my all-time favourite tracks, and "Mary Jane" used to scare me silly when I was a youngster.

I go for average, its got some good songs, but its a bit boring, and Daves voice was at its worst :mad: But he got better, so its ok :)

The best was yet to come! :headbang:

I gave it an 8, I consider their "best work" to be RIP, Peace Sells and Youthanasia.

So Far is next so it goes under "Usual high Deth standard" or whatever with Countdown and Killing Is My Business :)

Originally posted by The Trooper
I gave it an 8, I consider their "best work" to be RIP, Peace Sells and Youthanasia.

So Far is next so it goes under "Usual high Deth standard" or whatever with Countdown and Killing Is My Business :)

I wholeheartedly endorse, agree and just damned well believe these thoughts.

(And it saved me typing them out, though it becomes superfluous now, as I am just typing that I agree with the comments that have already been stated above...)

Originally posted by Blitzkrieg
The only problem I have with it is the shitty Sex Pistols cover, which is better than the original, and is ok when I am in the mood, but generaly is the only song that gets skipped.

Steve Jones actually played guitar on that track, but Dave Mustaine reckoned it was very bad, and jones didn't even tune his guitar, so they buried in the final mix!:D

Anyway, I reckon anyone who thinks Rust In Piss is Megadeth's best album is:

a. Scared of THIS album.

b. fucking deaf! Rust in Piss has fucking awful production, shitty songs and cheesy lyrics

The only fault I can find with Rust In Peace is that the drums could be clearer/louder and a stronger distortion could be better.

Everything else though... vocal hooks, riffs (ohh the riffs!), solos, songwriting... masterpiece!!