anyone and everyone who likes DIO...

What is your stance on Dio's "Strange Highways"?

• Killer album and among his best!

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Dio rules, but I don't like this album that much.

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Dio rules, but I haven't heard this album. Next on the list!!

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Dio is ok I guess. I haven't heard it, but could check it out.

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Dio is a filthy hobbit. Blitzy, you suck, go away.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Whats a Dio..?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Blitzkrieg

Master Exploder
I can't believe how many people have not heard Dio's "Strange Highways". It is an absolute killer album, and some of his best work. So many Dio fans have not heard it, and people that aren't Dio fans should have a listen to, as it rules! As far as I know, Sydo and I are the only people on this board who are aware of its greatness! It has to be amongst his best albums alongside "Holy Diver" ect.

DIO! :headbang:

....I like polls, and we haven't had one for a while, so I will add one to this thread for the hell of it! :D

I dont mind it. Has some good points, but some other points that arnt so good. Lets call those ones bad points.

I wouldnt say it is as good as Holy Diver... And I pretty musch prefer Lock up the Wolves as far as 90's Dio goes.

But anyway... If you want some true Dio, you gotta grab some Rainbow if you havnt. That I feel, is Dio's legacy to the music world. His albums that he made with Ritchie Blackmore and Rainbow will forever be awesome. If you avnt heard him with rainbow, you are seriously fuckin missing out man. There is alot more melody than in the band DIO. Check out the following songs:

1. Gates of Babylon (Fuckin A solo section)
2. Stargazer (Prob my all time fave Dio song. So much emotion in his voice towards the end)
3. Rainbow Eyes (Slow Ballard how it should be done)
4. A Light in the Black (Fuckin insane solo sections, and killer perfomance from the little singy guy)
5. Kill the King (Faster paced rainbow song. Dio at his best)

Basically all of the Dio era Rainbow is perfect. But these 5 songs are just the first 5 to come to my head as I typed.

I've been listening to quite a bit of Dio lately, maybe I'll Strange Highways a spin too. :)

'Holy Diver' and 'Heaven and Hell' and some of the Rainbow definately have more of a 'classic' albums feel, but the material on 'Strange Highways' is just so damn awesome, and so many good songs with on real bad ones. Easily his best 90s album, with Magica second. :)