"Dio - Killing The Dragon"

Blitzkrieg

Master Exploder
Yes, thats right, another Dio thread. :D

Am just listening to some tracks from the new album. Heres the run down on what I downloaded. :)

The title track is very dark for Ronnie, which works well, and sounded cool on first listen.
"Along Came a Spider" is a bit more of what we're used to, a good simple rocker, based around one big riff.
"Scream" I think I liked alot more, classic style Dio.
"Push", the first single (I think??), is also alot rockier style Dio, and another simple rocky, riff type song with a catchy chorus.

Sounds like Ronnie has gone back to his 80s sound, and steared away from where he was going with "Magica" (except maybe on the title track). From what I have heard though, it is alot more up tempo, which is a good thing, but I still don't think it will come anywhere near as good as "Magica" overall. :)

Ive heard its a lot faster as well :D Sweet :headbang:

Unbelievable, the guy is pushing SIXTY and he has still got it. Respect! :D

*Starts up Audiogalaxy*

I've heard Along Comes A Spider and Better In The Dark.
Both are classic Dio - and no bull shit this time either. This isn't chug chug Magica rubbish, these songs rock.

63..... 63 and still producing the goods, not just some nostalgia show.

Sadly, Dio is cooler at 63 than I will ever be :)

Thats amazing, think about it, he has played metal his whole life, never changed for trends or sold out or anything.

Magica is a brilliantly put together album, great stuff. I think a bit more energy though is definitely what would make me play it more rather than just when I'm in the mood for that type of thing.

come on. Magica was ok. I loved some of the songs, especially Feed my Head. Chunky riff, and Craig Goldys best guitar solo on the album I reckon!

But Holy Diver and the last in Line are the best. They rock. I also really like Lock up The Wolves, but not too many people gave that a chance. My Eyes is an awesome song!

Was revisiting the ole Dio with Sabbath days last week. Heaven and Hell is freakin golden! I love the riff of the title track. Mob Rules has it's moments (Sign of the Southern Cross!), and Dehuminizer is also great. Pretty damn heavy!

Is anyone here into Elf? Ronnie's first band. I have all 3 of their albums, and I love em! It is alot softer.... more rock n roll meets honkey tonk blues, but the songs are really clever, and Ronnies voice carries high above the music. Kinda reminds me of the more quiter Rainbow songs. Obviously the geetarist is no Ritchie Blackmore, but what are you going to do?

Nobody bagged Magica dude haha. We all said we like it, and its "Brilliantly put together" etc... we just agreed that with a little more energy or speed it would probably get played more because you wouldn't have to be in the "mood to listen to it" type thing.

Fever Dreams! :headbang:

I just watched a Dio compilation vid and I saw that Dragon head and stage show thing you talked about Troops! It rocked haha! I wish I could have seen it for real, it had a castle and everything! :D