the Dio appreciation thread

Blitzkrieg

Master Exploder
How fucking good is Ronnie James Dio? No, seriously, how good is he? Fucking awesome.

Rainbow material, Heaven And Hell, Holy Diver and the rest of DIO's stuff. Strange Highways, one of my favourite albumms. Awesome songwriter. Amazing voice. Inventor of the devil horns \m/. Still rocking after 60. And all of this at about 4 foot high. What a legend.

I still haven't got Master Of The Moon though. It is on the list for my next trip to JB.

He's really the only heavy rock/metal singer who has never lost any part of his voice. He sounds just as good as he did way back when.

Gotta respect that, man.

Spiff, I'd include Dickinson there.

I still play "We Rock" to people that I'm trying to incuct into Metal.

I didn't say Bruce doesn't still sound good, Shannow. My original comment was about how Dio hasn't lost any of his singing ability whatsoever. Bruce has.

Spiff said:
I didn't say Bruce doesn't still sound good, Shannow.

Alright, I'll stop sulking.

Spiff said:
My original comment was about how Dio hasn't lost any of his singing ability whatsoever. Bruce has.

What.....

*goes off sulking again *

"Bruce will not grow old...Bruce will not grow old"

(I nearly type Brice again)

phlogiston said:
I think Bruce has lost some range, but has got more ability now. As opposed to the late early 90's where he started kinda sucking a bit.

the late early 90s were a real drag indeed.

Sorry, I just wanted to have my turn at being the first to pick up a mistake. I'm usually too late.

Dio has alot of power in his voice. Like Coverdale & Hagar. But alot better than Hagar. Coverdale gives him a run for his money though but both are un-fuckin-real.