Megadeth - Super Collider Single and Don't Turn Your Back Preview

Yeah, I quite like it too. I guess I should have said 'since Risk' then - because I've always really liked Cryptic Writings, and everything from The System Has Failed onwards really... though obviously they've been inconsistent pretty much since then. Though saying that I think the last few albums have been really good (Thirteen included). It'd be a shame for them to take a big shit on their recent efforts with an album which leaves us all comparing it to the worst 'deth album(s) instead of the best.

World Needs a Hero is just a bit better than Risk. Both were by far and easily the worst Megadeth albums then, by a FUCKING LARGE margin. And I am not a huge fan of Cryptic Writings either but that one at least has A Secret Place, She Wolf, Disintigrators and FFF.

And don't get me started on that fucker Al Pitrelli. First he joins Savatage to fill the shoes of the GOD Criss Oliva and then he replaces Marty Friedman and nobody says a thing. The dude is a mediocre guitarist at best and has not produced one memorable solo. Considering who he was replacing, I still cannot get over it.

I liked The System has Failed (a few really good songs), Endgame and I would only keep a few tracks from the rest, which can't stand next to their classics anyway (up to Youthanasia).

This... this I have no words really. I've heard the title track three times in different occasions. I remember nothing, just a vague impression that it was forgettable shit. Figures.

I concur. Especially with this,

don't get me started on that fucker Al Pitrelli. First he joins Savatage to fill the shoes of the GOD Criss Oliva and then he replaces Marty Friedman and nobody says a thing. The dude is a mediocre guitarist at best and has not produced one memorable solo. Considering who he was replacing, I still cannot get over it.

Amen.

I always thought the guys seemed like a bit of a jerk too.

Wow. This song is that bad? You guys must be over exaggerating. It can't be THAT bad....

*clicks play for the first time*

What the fuck is this shit. Holy crap. What. Wow. Gimme that fucking shotgun Dave.

Tell you what Keenan, there's a spare in the kitchen. Pull the trigger on 3?

*recalls Lethal Weapon scene about going on three or three, then go* ...Mustaine's gettin' too old for this shit

I saw this thread, and I already heard the previews for the Megadeth tracks.

Ehh... should've expected this is what would come from after the release of 13...

Not exactly shite, but more really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really disappointing...

...or shit. Either way, the old man should stop while he can.

Ugh, this is simply garbage to me. The title sounds like something a 6 year old would come up with playing with spaceships with his best friend.
I'm still looking forward to hearing the album though; I won't completely write it off yet

Count me in as another fan that is not impressed. The last Megadeth I bought was United Abominations and I don't see that changing after listening to those samples.