Megadeth - Super Collider Single and Don't Turn Your Back Preview

I downloaded Endgame and have probably listened to it half a dozen times or so. I enjoy This Day We Fight, Bodies and How the Story Ends, but hardly ever listen to them. I love Megadeth, but my time is valuable and so I stick to Countdown, RIP, Peace Sells, and United Abominations when I give them a listen. I enjoyed the System Has Failed when it was released, but it hasn't held up well.

Endgame has good songwriting and in an area where Dave excels. It suffered from the clinical soloing of Broderick (compared to Poland or Friedman) but that's a minor issue. Its greatest issue (which holds true for ALL new Megadeth) is Dave's tired vocals. He never was a great singer (to put it mildly) but he had infinite charisma and style and spat out lyrics with delicious irony. Then he actually got good (IN THE STUDIO) during Rust-Cryptic. He actually was/is one of my favortie vocalists, for his delivery and unique style and of course those great lyrics. But it is obvious that his throat is destroyed.

Trying to go back to the melodic hard and heavy with pop sensibilities (or is pop with hard and heavy sensibilities? - Cryptic!) with THAT voice is not a good idea. I can literally only remember Dave's vocals from Super Collider and they are not a fond memory. Thirteen would have been much better if Dave's vocals were up for the task.

zerostatic: you need Youthanasia.

Endgame has good songwriting and in an area where Dave excels. It suffered from the clinical soloing of Broderick (compared to Poland or Friedman) but that's a minor issue. Its greatest issue (which holds true for ALL new Megadeth) is Dave's tired vocals. He never was a great singer (to put it mildly) but he had infinite charisma and style and spat out lyrics with delicious irony. Then he actually got good (IN THE STUDIO) during Rust-Cryptic. He actually was/is one of my favortie vocalists, for his delivery and unique style and of course those great lyrics. But it is obvious that his throat is destroyed.

Trying to go back to the melodic hard and heavy with pop sensibilities (or is pop with hard and heavy sensibilities? - Cryptic!) with THAT voice is not a good idea. I can literally only remember Dave's vocals from Super Collider and they are not a fond memory. Thirteen would have been much better if Dave's vocals were up for the task.

zerostatic: you need Youthanasia.

Bless this post :worship: