Megadeth - Th1irt3en

I finally got this album and I have to disagree with alot of these posts. I wasn't expecting much since I didn't really like Endgame and I hated Public Enemy #1. I didn't really care for it after the first two listens. Then all of a sudden songs started growing on me. I have only listened to it four times so far and it gets better every time.

Sudden Death - This song rips. The intro reminds me of very early Megadeth from the first two albums.

Public Enemy #1 - I HATED this song!! Now I think it is catchy as hell and crank it every time.

Who's Life is it Anyway? - Don't really care for this one so far.

We the People - Don't really care for this one yet either.

Guns, Drugs and Money - So far sounds like filler.

Neverdead - Fucking Awesome. Another oldschool early Megadeth intro. Thrashy as fuck.

New World Order - starts of just ok, but the last minute and a half is blistering.

Fast Lane - mixed feelings. Musically this song is absolutely killer.. The chorus is awful lyrically. So awful it almost ruins the song for me.

Black Swan - This song just jumped out at me all of a sudden and I cannot get it out of my head. Killer Track

Wrecker - pretty good

Millenium of the Blind - Great song with a slow mellow intro that turns into a slow tempo heavy burner..

Deadly Nightshade - another pretty good song so far

13 - Great song. Great closer to this album..

I don't know what alot of you are hearing but so far I definately like this album. Definately better than the Risk, United Abominations, End Game, Cryptic Writings and The Systen Has Failed. (I actually like "The World Needs a Hero"). I personally think it might stand up to a couple others but that would take some time. For the most part the lyrics are pretty good, I just think the weak ones stick out more to people at first. This is definately an album.. I don't think you can "get it" by listening to songs on the internet. I would have to say it is also better than any of the Big 4's last albums.. Even Worship Music.. The first 3 songs on that are awesome then it goes to shit. I definately suggest giving 13 a couple listens.

I finally got this album and I have to disagree with alot of these posts. I wasn't expecting much since I didn't really like Endgame and I hated Public Enemy #1. I didn't really care for it after the first two listens. Then all of a sudden songs started growing on me. I have only listened to it four times so far and it gets better every time.

Sudden Death - This song rips. The intro reminds me of very early Megadeth from the first two albums.

Public Enemy #1 - I HATED this song!! Now I think it is catchy as hell and crank it every time.

Who's Life is it Anyway? - Don't really care for this one so far.

We the People - Don't really care for this one yet either.

Guns, Drugs and Money - So far sounds like filler.

Neverdead - Fucking Awesome. Another oldschool early Megadeth intro. Thrashy as fuck.

New World Order - starts of just ok, but the last minute and a half is blistering.

Fast Lane - mixed feelings. Musically this song is absolutely killer.. The chorus is awful lyrically. So awful it almost ruins the song for me.

Black Swan - This song just jumped out at me all of a sudden and I cannot get it out of my head. Killer Track

Wrecker - pretty good

Millenium of the Blind - Great song with a slow mellow intro that turns into a slow tempo heavy burner..

Deadly Nightshade - another pretty good song so far

13 - Great song. Great closer to this album..

I don't know what alot of you are hearing but so far I definately like this album. Definately better than the Risk, United Abominations, End Game, Cryptic Writings and The Systen Has Failed. (I actually like "The World Needs a Hero"). I personally think it might stand up to a couple others but that would take some time. For the most part the lyrics are pretty good, I just think the weak ones stick out more to people at first. This is definately an album.. I don't think you can "get it" by listening to songs on the internet. I would have to say it is also better than any of the Big 4's last albums.. Even Worship Music.. The first 3 songs on that are awesome then it goes to shit. I definately suggest giving 13 a couple listens.

Good review even though I like tracks 3 & 4, nice to see some fans of the album. :headbang:

I don't know what alot of you are hearing but so far I definately like this album. Definately better than the Risk, United Abominations, End Game, Cryptic Writings and The Systen Has Failed. (I actually like "The World Needs a Hero"

Ive been a "The World Needs A Hero" fan for many years. Never understood the hate for that album. After Risk this is the album that turned it around before the short breakup in 2002. I put TWNAH even higher than 'Countdown To Extinction', it was watered down crap for the mainstream, like the Black Album.

I like TWNAH, but I can see why people don't. While there are great songs there (Disconnect, 1000 Times Goodbye, Dread And The Fugitive Mind), the record has kind of a shallow feel to it. "Metal by numbers", if that means anything.

I like TWNAH, but I can see why people don't. While there are great songs there (Disconnect, 1000 Times Goodbye, Dread And The Fugitive Mind), the record has kind of a shallow feel to it. "Metal by numbers", if that means anything.

That's about how I feel about it too. Not a bad album, just maybe needed a little more work.

I need to listen to it more, but at the moment I think it's the best Megadeth album since Youthanasia. Some great moments. Definitely thrashier than Endgame, UA and System.

But The World Needs a hero truly does suck in my opinion, such a washed up, mainstream hard-rockish piece of junk. Alas, I remember the massive hype at the time and all the 'return to roots', 'return to form' bullshit that was going around on release. Terrible album

I see that mr. Mustaine is out and about in the media these days discussing american politics, christianity and gay marriage.
We'll, he's not dicussing the latter, more trying to avoid a discussion as result of previous remarks.
He does so by saying that he's a christian man, and that he has no reason to mean anything about gay marriage (although he has already said that he doesn't like it).

He says it's like stating his opinions about cats. He's not a cat owner, so he couldn't care less.

It's like he's rowing a boat in circles in order to get to shore, while not realizing that the boat is taking in water.

I've been reading these interviews, thinking "what a dork".

Just saying.

Mustaine's really put his foot in his mouth in some recent interviews. Even his own fans are turning against him. Young Mustaine would've never said shit like that. If there's a new way sounds awfully dated now.

Where are these interviews with Mustaine, I read his book and started to think he was a cool guy, maybe I was wrong after all.

I really like 13, I think its a great album, better than anything any of the other Big 4 have done in years.

I think it's a decent album, but definitely has too many fillers. It's funny, if they'd stuck to their original vision of 8-9 songs per album, everything would've been great. If you take out Guns Drugs & Money, Fast Lane, Wrecker and Public Enemy, it would be a really solid album. Same can be said for most of their later catalog.

Where are these interviews with Mustaine, I read his book and started to think he was a cool guy, maybe I was wrong after all.

I really like 13, I think its a great album, better than anything any of the other Big 4 have done in years.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/dave_mustaine_against_gay_marriage.html

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/mustaine_talks_satanism_and_gay_marriage.html

http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=171347&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+blabbermouth+(Blabbermouth.net%27s+Daily+Headlines)

Hatered of love is just plain stupid in my opinion. I personally think that the Catholic church in general should focus less on gay marriage and direct some more attention towards sorting out their own problems in regards to the relatively well documented abuse of minors that is going on behind the closed doors of the church.

I know...I'm way off topic here, but I've got gay friends and work mates, and I get provoked on their behalf when the catholic church and conservative politicans try to wrong the personal life choices of rational adults who are not forcing or hurting anyone.

Okay then, I just read all those links and I dont see what the problem is. Im not a Christian, but I understand what he's saying. He doesnt care for gay marriages - neither do I, but I wouldnt go around telling people not to do it. Neither is he, he just answered a stupid question truthfully.
What exactly is it he's said to piss everyone off?

The one thing I always disliked him for was not playing with Dissection, that seemed stupid to me, but after reading his book I understand it a bit better. Give the guy a fuckin break.

Okay then, I just read all those links and I dont see what the problem is. Im not a Christian, but I understand what he's saying. He doesnt care for gay marriages - neither do I, but I wouldnt go around telling people not to do it. Neither is he, he just answered a stupid question truthfully.
What exactly is it he's said to piss everyone off?

The one thing I always disliked him for was not playing with Dissection, that seemed stupid to me, but after reading his book I understand it a bit better. Give the guy a fuckin break.

Well, he does say that he wouldn't support legislation.
Then, when the criticism pops up he says that he doesn't care, suggesting that him being a christian means that he doesn't have an opinon (then the whole cat owner thing pops up and absurdity follows).

But: If he doesn't care/have an opinion, why does he first state that he doesn't support legislation?

Everyone's entitled to have an opinion, that's fine. However, it seems like he first states his opinion and then chickens out when the criticism hits.

Obviously, we don't know about the level of jounalistic freedom involved in the presentation and handling of the interwiews but one would assume that Mustaine has considerable experience in dealing with the interview setting in general by now.

Endgame and United Abominations were very technical albums. Listened to this today and it's a more fun/speed (but not that fast) rock/metal album. Still a lot to enjoy though. The second half is better than the first.