Megadeth- The System Has Failed KICKS FUCKING ASS!!!!

Twisted Tony

Old School Metalhead
Mar 18, 2002
Bricktown, NJ
Visit site
I just got an advanced copy of Megadeth's new album and all I can say is everyone here needs to buy it. This is their best album since Countdown. Dave fucking shreds on the whole album!!! It's definitely going to be one of the best releases of the year. You have to get it!

Dave did all the writing on it and his song writing has greatly improved. I don't think there is a weak track on it. :headbang:

megadeth fall into the slayer category for me,been around a long time yet i only like a handful of there songs,i will still check it out cause u never know.

Jimmie Lee Sloas is the guy's name. I believe he'll be on tour with them as well.

BTW, check out Dave's posts at the Megadeth forum. He really did a rip job on some former bandmates, including David Ellefson.

Rich

Well being a huge Megadeth fan too I can´t wait ´till it´s out. I´ve heard Kick the chair, Blackmail the universe and Back in the day and it kicked some MAJOR ASS!!!!! :kickass:

Dave Mustaine - Vocals, Lead & Rythm
Nick Menza - Drums
Jimmy Sloas - Bass

But we still dont know who the touring Guitarist is going to be.
But Menza is back so u cant go wrong

I'm pretty sure Chris Poland played on the album. I'll double-check but I'm pretty sure that's accurate. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Rich

Yup, Poland played on the album and Dave is looking for a leadplayer for the tour.

Hmmm... only three heavy tracks and the rest sounds like TWNAH... I know Dave don´t want to do RIP riffs anymore so I hope the mellower songs are good and not like that crappy "1000 times goodbye" or "Promises" (or like many songs on Risk).

Well I got an advanced copy of the new MEGADETH......and it's pretty lame. Yes, 3-4 songs are decent...but the rest is just "pretty metal". Not sure why they can't get their edge back but...this was a major letdown. The sample on the website gives you the impression that this is homebrewed Megadeth again...but it's sadly not. The album is GREAT MUSICALLY....but not a good metal album.....just like all the Megadeth album's after Countdown were good musically..but not good albums. This is more of the same....SIGH :yuk:

The weird thing about Megadeth is that on each album after Countdown there is two or three very good songs (except on Risk)... except for that album they have never really crashed and burned. These gems show that Dave still got potential but I can´t understand why there are so many fillers.

THRAXjj said:
Well I got an advanced copy of the new MEGADETH......and it's pretty lame. Yes, 3-4 songs are decent...but the rest is just "pretty metal". Not sure why they can't get their edge back but...this was a major letdown. The sample on the website gives you the impression that this is homebrewed Megadeth again...but it's sadly not. The album is GREAT MUSICALLY....but not a good metal album.....just like all the Megadeth album's after Countdown were good musically..but not good albums. This is more of the same....SIGH :yuk:

Man you do not have a clue!!! As Dave M already said "If your expecting a RIP 2 your gonna be desappointed" Dave isn't in his 20's anymore and things change, when are people gonna realize that!!!??? In my opinion I think the album is great and will do well at release time. Just my .02!!!

I'm just not impressed. It doesn't have to be R.I.P. riffs to be a good album....I wasn't trying to insinuate that. It just sounds like more of the same. Here's the feeling I get from the album: I DON'T WANT TO BE WISHING THAT THE NEXT SONG IS ACTUALLY A HEAVY METAL SONG. We all like metal...right? This sounds more like a bunch of "rock" songs with a few (3-4) metal songs. Well..after all the radio-song quality crap on the album you really hope another metal song shows up besides the first track.....but at that point...your ready to turn it off. :Smokedev: