Megadeth- The System Has Failed KICKS FUCKING ASS!!!!

it's too commercial. it's not a total disaster like st. anger. but it's definitely not an exemplary metal album.

I enjoyed all the songs to be honest but there are great standouts like Blackmail, Of Mice and Men, Back in the Day and Shadow of Deth has that great heavy riff in the beginning and goes into an incredible lead intro. I think it's a killer album. Can't wait for the remastered Peace Sells, So Far and all of em really.

I think all this talk of it being pussy metal or commercial is bullshit. Megadeth isn't an extreme Metal band and theyre also in their 40's. If everything else you listen to is Black Metal or Death Metal...then of course you're going to have that view. For those that appreciate a solid, catchy classic piece of Metal...get this.

I Don't Die said:
Dave Mustaine - Vocals, Lead & Rythm
Nick Menza - Drums
Jimmy Sloas - Bass

But we still dont know who the touring Guitarist is going to be.
But Menza is back so u cant go wrong
As far as I´m concerned there is Vinnie Colaiuta on drums.

People are saying that this albums not good because it's not 100% metal, or the songs are not up to the usual standard but remember WCFYA there are a couple of fillers on there. Or maybe i'm just in a bad mood?

I love it. I've always listened to Megadeth for the catchy thrash riffs, and the memorable choruses, and this cd is filled plenty of each, not to mention that Dave's solos are great on this. It reminds me a lot of Countdown actually...which is a good thing for me, since I love that album...

Jockthrax said:
People are saying that this albums not good because it's not 100% metal, or the songs are not up to the usual standard but remember WCFYA there are a couple of fillers on there. Or maybe i'm just in a bad mood?
u must be in a bad mood,there are no fillers on wcfya,there was def filler on volume 8 record though,that was a very weak album!

BeyondtheUnholyGrave said:
I think all this talk of it being pussy metal or commercial is bullshit. Megadeth isn't an extreme Metal band and theyre also in their 40's. If everything else you listen to is Black Metal or Death Metal...then of course you're going to have that view. For those that appreciate a solid, catchy classic piece of Metal...get this.

I agree to some extent. I know Megadeth aren´t speedy thrash anymore (for fuck´s sake they haven´t been since SFSGSW and RIP) and that Dave don´t want to write such songs and I´m fine with that... If Deth releases a GOOD heavy rock/metal album I´m sure I will enjoy it however Risk had a LOT of fillers and TWNAH had some too. So forgive me if I´m suspicious. And as I wrote earlier I find it strange that Dave wrote such (IMHO) filler as 1000 times goodbye and now he writes a great tune like Kick the chair, that´s the type of Megadeth I enjoy.

I used to listen to Deth a lot between 92-98 but now my taste in music is harder. Yes and the same goes for AnthraX, but I don´t listen to music JUST depending on the BPM or how many riffs they can play in 10 secs. I still like ThraX (duh) and Deth but they are on the softer side of what I like (I like Depece Mode too :D ). Ahhh fuck... I´m ranting... sorry.

I've heard just 2 songs (i will buy the album as soon as it is possible,to support megadeth,as usual)

What can i say? those songs are in typical Dave's style , however the guitar solos are fuckin bad,this time,my friend! I hope the rest is better in terms of soloing. However Dave 's voice is pretty good this time around

Arg_Hamster said:
I have listened to most of the new songs now and I think they´re pretty good, I will buy the new album at least. I´d say it´s comparable to Youthanasia or Countdown!
It sounds like a mix of Countdown and Cryptic if you ask me. I listen to stuff that's significantly heavier than Megadeth as well. But there are times I don't want to listen to a cd that's going to destroy my ears for 40+ minutes in a row. And I can't wait to buy this record.

BeyondtheUnholyGrave said:
It sounds like a mix of Countdown and Cryptic if you ask me. I listen to stuff that's significantly heavier than Megadeth as well. But there are times I don't want to listen to a cd that's going to destroy my ears for 40+ minutes in a row. And I can't wait to buy this record.

exactly. after bludgeoning my ears w/ dark angel and slayer, an album like this is a good break.

Countdown is my ultimate Megadeth favest album. So if this new one is like a CTE I just can´t wait for it!!!!!!