Megadeth - United Abominations

It's good. Probably their best since "Youthanasia". Truth is, I would have passed this by completely had a few people, whose opinions I trust, not talked it up. I'll definitely be buying it.

Zod

another step in the right direction still not as thrashy as I would have wanted but a hell of a lot better than Risk and Cryptic Writings.

I just picked it up. Only about halfway through, and think it's pretty good. At this point I like The System Has Failed better, but still need to finish it and hear it a few times. At this point I like Never Walk Alone...the best so far. Reminds me a lot of Vortex I think from Cryptic Writings.

Quick question: I'm planning on going to Best Buy today to get it before work. Are there any different stores out there doing a "Special Edition" of this album with any added tracks/different artwork or anything?

I wouldn't mind paying an extra buck or two for that...(that's the collector in me speaking)

I downloaded it last night to decide if I wanted to get it or not. To me it's a fairly blah affair and I can't really figure out why A Tout Le Monde is making an appearance on this album. I had assumed it was like A Tout Le Monde part 2 (ala Return To Hangar), however it is pretty much just the same thing as the original albeit a little more acoustic and with female vox. I easily prefer the original (and I do love the original).

I'll give it another listen or two but my patience with 'deth has grown thin over the years. I don't want to say he's washed up, but I do think he still believes he's still in his heyday or something. I wish I could just give him a bunch of albums of what stuff is like now and maybe he could do something really cool, but whatever, theres other stuff out there I can listen to like the new Vintersorg (SO much better than Focusing Blur).

Justin

I'll give it another listen or two but my patience with 'deth has grown thin over the years. I don't want to say he's washed up, but I do think he still believes he's still in his heyday or something.
Justin

That's interesting. I honestly don't think Dave is washed up either. If anything, I think he's one of the few that's stuck with what he does over the years. Sure, he's experimented with his sound, but at least he's not been stuck in a rut. My interest in the band faded after Youthanisa, but was resparked when he released The System Has Failed, in addition to his Gigantour. If anything, I would call this Dave's second wind. :kickass:

~Brian~

I thought that System was an excellent album actually. However, this new one hasn't done anything for me yet. I was a latecomer (though I was 16..so I guess thats not bad) to metal so I was fine with everything up until Risk (all other stuff had already been released I think). Risk was ok, it was more of a Rock album (similar to Load/Reload). It was disappointing though, as was ATWNAH. I guess the point is...we'll see =)

I downloaded it last night to decide if I wanted to get it or not. To me it's a fairly blah affair and I can't really figure out why A Tout Le Monde is making an appearance on this album. I had assumed it was like A Tout Le Monde part 2 (ala Return To Hangar), however it is pretty much just the same thing as the original albeit a little more acoustic and with female vox. I easily prefer the original (and I do love the original).

I'll give it another listen or two but my patience with 'deth has grown thin over the years. I don't want to say he's washed up, but I do think he still believes he's still in his heyday or something. I wish I could just give him a bunch of albums of what stuff is like now and maybe he could do something really cool, but whatever, theres other stuff out there I can listen to like the new Vintersorg (SO much better than Focusing Blur).

Justin
That's Christina Scabbia from Lacuna Coil providing the female vox. I don't think she sounds worth a darn actually, and I much prefer the original version. All in all though the disc is pretty decent.

Britt

That's Christina Scabbia from Lacuna Coil providing the female vox. I don't think she sounds worth a darn actually, and I much prefer the original version. All in all though the disc is pretty decent.

Britt

Alright, it looks like I have to take up for Christina here. I think she sounds great on that track and actually adds more depth to it for me. :p

~Brian~

I went to Gigantour last year and heard a few of the songs. I think I am going to pick it up. Seems like the best Megadeth to come out in a few years.

Britt

Yeah I know who it is, Lacuna gave me a bad taste in my mouth after I saw them live the other night. Also, I get tired of the 'Im female RAWRRRR METAL' thing that goes on, and she is definitely trying to sport that image these days. So I preferred to just leave it as 'female vox' =)

I picked it up this morning, checking it out now - very kick ass so far,
Glen is a monster guitarist and his brother positively smokes on drums,
really classic sounding!

Has anyone bought this today? I sampled some tracks and sounds like it kicks some ass! Any thoughts?

~Brian~

Oh man, you definetly beat me to posting this. I just got the album, it is blowing my mind away!

Amazing guitar work, great production! After the disaster that was Risk, Megadeth has just gotten better and better, AGAIN!

this album is fucking great!:headbang:(sorry for the cursing but that's all I can say while listening to Sleepwalker)

Dave is far from being in a rut. Megadeth is a force in metal one of the last U.S. based bands to fly the metal flag from back in the day to the present. With only one universal picked low spot in Megadeths cd history "Risk" a person cant be that dissapionted in Daves track record. Hats off to Megadeth for another great metal disk to sink are teeth into.