Any Solitude Aeturnus fans here?

Great band. Fantastic doom. Also, one of the best live bands I've seen in terms of sheer emotion in the performance. I was mesmerized at Chicago Powerfest a few years ago.

Good band. Enjoyed the first 2 and the last one. Spending more time with Candlemass of late though. Especially Lucifer Rising.

Best doom band ever, IMO. Adagio and Through the Darkest Hour are my favorite discs by them.

Robert Lowe is one of the all-time best live vocalists I've ever heard. He was particularly amazing with SA at Chicago Powerfest. If you like him, also check out Last Chapter's debut cd, The Living Waters.

SA are incredible and probably my favorite of the epic doom bands. WHW is pretty fuckin' incredible too. Every SA album is killer to some extent or another but the one I really love is Through the Darkest Hour, that album easily got me into the band and wider doom metal in general.

I've recently gotten into Candlemass, which has lead me to discovering Solitude Aeturnus. This Robert Lowe guys kicks some ass indeed! Any other fans?

~Brian~

Solitude Aeternus and Candlemass are two of my favorite discoveries lately. Robert Lowe is nothing short of astounding. His voice is like Paul Rodgers meets David Coverdale meets Ronnie James Dio -- powerful as hell.

If you like Lowe, check out another band he's in: Concept of God. The name of the album is Visions. Slightly little less doomy than SA or Candlemass. But still heavy, with Lowe's voice soaring over top. They do a fantastic cover of "Man on the Silver Mountain." If you didn't think Lowe sounded like Dio before, you will after you hear him belt out "Silver Mountain."

I would love to see SA, Candlemass, or Concept of God one of these days.

Great bands. Great thread.

Cheers,

Bill

Best doom band ever, IMO. Adagio and Through the Darkest Hour are my favorite discs by them.

Robert Lowe is one of the all-time best live vocalists I've ever heard. He was particularly amazing with SA at Chicago Powerfest. If you like him, also check out Last Chapter's debut cd, The Living Waters.

I've watched some You Tube footage of them and it's enjoyable. I like seeing Robert Lowe wearing a monk's robe! :headbang:

~Brian~

Guilty. I had never heard of them until I saw them open for Mercyful Fate about 10-15 years ago. Went out and bought a copy of Through the Darkest Hour the next day and have been hooked since.

Solitude Aeturnus is a great band as is Candlemass.

Another great Traditional Doom band is Gates of Slumber, for those who haven't heard them, they have one of the best releases this year, called Conqueror. They are also on tour this month.