Solitude Aeturnus - Through The Darkest Hour

Yeah I don't know about the dvd. I've heard some bad things about the sound and such. Not their fault as much as the producers and techs involved.

^^ Don't get your hopes up too much. I mean, it's good, but John Perez's guitar is mixed WAY back, so you only really hear the other guy. Even when John turns the solo boost on he's still really quiet.

Yeah I don't know about the dvd. I've heard some bad things about the sound and such. Not their fault as much as the producers and techs involved.

That's a bummer. I'll probably buy it anyway, since I've never seen them live.

~Brian~

Definitely great to see SA getting props. Get all their albums, not a bad one in the bunch. TTDH is my personal fave but love 'em all. After Downfall bassist Lyle Steadham (Count Lyle) went on to form the greatest Hellbilly band to ever walk the earth: GHOULTOWN! Check 'em out, NOW! For those not in the know, think Johnny Cash meets the Misfits in a Mexican graveyard.

Not only is Ghoultown really good (and totally apropos for this very day), Lyle tells me he gets a lot more money from his work in Ghoultown than Solitude Aeturnus.
Lesson learned: BMI actually pays; ASCAP does not.

Definitely great to see SA getting props. Get all their albums, not a bad one in the bunch. TTDH is my personal fave but love 'em all. After Downfall bassist Lyle Steadham (Count Lyle) went on to form the greatest Hellbilly band to ever walk the earth: GHOULTOWN! Check 'em out, NOW! For those not in the know, think Johnny Cash meets the Misfits in a Mexican graveyard.

:lol:I'll check it out!

~Brian~

Not only is Ghoultown really good (and totally apropos for this very day), Lyle tells me he gets a lot more money from his work in Ghoultown than Solitude Aeturnus.
Lesson learned: BMI actually pays; ASCAP does not.

Not surprised, I take it you live in TX then? I so want to see Ghoultown live someday...but living up here in MI and the fact that they rarely tour makes it tough, I've got everything they've ever put out though!

Solitude Aeturnus would be an excellent addition to Progpower. Glenn is certainly seeing this thread, and will hopefully put them on the bill at some point. :Smokin: