Megadeth/United Abominations????

Has anyone gotten this release. I though that the Zeppelin cover of "Out on the Tiles" was going to be on this but it's for Japan only (which is bullshit in my opinion?) Anyway, I've heard "Gears of War" and thought it was good. I understand there is a new version of "A Tout Le Mound (Set me free)" with Christina of Lacuna Coil on Vocals. If this isn't a publicity stunt or a reason to sell records then I don't know what to think. In the words of the great producer of Van Halen albums, Ted Templeton, and not directed towards David Lee Roth, but instead Mr. Dave Mustaine, "Come on Dave, give me a break!!!!!". If it's not better than "Risk" or "A World Needs A Hero" then I'm not interested. If it's like "Peace Sells", "Rust In Peace", "So Far So Good, etc..", "Countdown", "Cryptic", "Youthenasia", please let me know.

Zane

To me risk sucked...i hated that album, Youthenasia is still my favorite and i also that Gears of War was an ok song.

I like it, haven't listened evtensively but there a few good songsd on there, i think megadeth's better because unlike metallica megadeth has produced solid albums where as everything after Black was downhill.

This is easily their best release since Youthanasia. Lots of tracks with a CTE feel. Also, I saw them play live on the Heaven & Hell tour last night and they were absolutely killer. Check out this set list:

1. Sleepwalker (opening track on the latest cd);
2. Take No Prisoners;
3. Kick the Chair;
4. Wake Up Dead;
5. Washington is Next! (track 2 of the new cd);
6. Hangar 18
7. Tornado of Souls
8. Pease Sells
9. Symphony of Destruction
10. Holy Wars w/Mechanix mixed in - medley

how come they never play anything of killing is my business...
and how come no one praises it, its a classic.

however the new album is pretty cool, massive improvement. Great solos and a couple of cool riffs.

how come they never play anything of killing is my business...
and how come no one praises it, its a classic.

however the new album is pretty cool, massive improvement. Great solos and a couple of cool riffs.

They played Mechanix last night in the middle of Holy Wars. I've also seen them play Skull Beneath the Skin, Rattlehead and Mechanix (not included in a medley) live.

Anyway, yes, the new album is great.

This is easily their best release since Youthanasia. Lots of tracks with a CTE feel. Also, I saw them play live on the Heaven & Hell tour last night and they were absolutely killer. Check out this set list:

1. Sleepwalker (opening track on the latest cd);
2. Take No Prisoners;
3. Kick the Chair;
4. Wake Up Dead;
5. Washington is Next! (track 2 of the new cd);
6. Hangar 18
7. Tornado of Souls
8. Pease Sells
9. Symphony of Destruction
10. Holy Wars w/Mechanix mixed in - medley

Great set list. It's missing "In My Darkest Hour". I really like the new release. Every song keeps me interested. After Youthanasia, there was (Cryptic Writings, Risk???, World Needs A Hero, & The System has Failed) all lacking something. United Abominations is the best since Youthansia!!!

we didn't get take no prisoners or the medley. but we got toute le monde and in my darkest hour.

i like how they mix it up on this tour.

You wont be disapointed, I found the album very good after a few listenings. sincerely they play rude and thrashy stuff and it reminds me countdown/youthanasia in many songs...

8.5/10

I like the new album a good amount, thats for sure. BUT the first 5 songs are really the best (actually 7 and 8 are just as good) the latter third of the record just seems uninspired, unmemorable, un-Megadeth. I like The System Has Failed better i think.... for now.