Megadeth @ Wembley Arena - \m/

dreamwatch

Syntax error
As expected they were amazing. Excellent sound, excellent set, it was just perfect. :)

Set List (this was Glasgow's, pretty sure it was exactly the same tonight)

01 Sleepwalker
02. Wake Up Dead
03. Take No Prisoners
04. A Tout Le Monde
05. Washington Is Next
06. She Wolf
07. In My Darkest Hour
08. Hangar 18
09. Symphony of Destruction
10. Peace Sells… But Who's Buying?! / Mechanix
-----------------------------
11. Holy Wars

Testament were good, though not really my cup of tea to be honest, but given that they got the worst end of the stick time and sound wise they did a good job of it. And my God, they got THE world's most awesome mosh going!! :kickass:

Judas Priest = Spinal Tap. :Smug:

Got some good pics, will sort them out and get a few online tomorrow.

really jealous about you guys seeing that show.

not such a fan of Megadeth but am of Priest and Testament and still pisssed that I missed Testament when they toured here last year.

oh, well.

glad that you guys enjoyed it. :headbang:

They played "Skin of teeth" too (if that's the title)??

Judas Priest musically were tight and great, but cheese-city as far as stage show goes. I thought Maiden can be cheesy at times, but Priest took the biscuit (cheese-biscuit) last night ;)

I knew I'd missed one. :)

In fairness to JP, I am not a fan. I was sort of hoping that their set would be so good I'd run out and buy their back catalogue and a new love affair would be formed. Alas, the whole thing left me cold and feeling slightly embarrassed for them. I spent most of the time trying to get a connection on my mobile phone so I could read Facebook, and when that failed I nodded off.

Note to Rob Halford - gliding onto the stage on a throne can be cool -IF you don't have a roadie in a bath robe pushing you. Just for future reference. :)

In fairness to JP, I am not a fan. I was sort of hoping that their set would be so good I'd run out and buy their back catalogue and a new love affair would be formed. Alas, the whole thing left me cold and feeling slightly embarrassed for them. I spent most of the time trying to get a connection on my mobile phone so I could read Facebook, and when that failed I nodded off.

That's a pretty sad indictment for a once great band. I didn't see their recent Oz tour but I heard enough to be glad I didn't fork out my dollars for them. I thought they were great in 2001 with Ripper out front and the DVDs I've seen from their mid-80s heyday are amazing.

Musically, I would say JP were very good. I didn't know all the tunes, but those I did know were pretty well done (and Halford's voice is amazing, even more so with all the echo put on it:)). Unfortunately, they out-Tap'd Tap.