No More Mr. Nice Guy
Reckoning Day
Good Mourning/Black Friday
Trust
Symphony Of Destruction
Peace Sells...But Who's Buying?
Holy Wars...The Punishment Due

:headbang: :headbang:

All of "So Far So Good So What" and "Trust", and then fill the rest with random songs from "Countdown" and "Rust in Peace", doesn't matter which. "Symphony of Destruction", that's a good one.

Dread And The Fugitive Mind
Wake Up Dead
In My Darkest Hour
Reckoning Day
Shewolf
Hangar 18
Return to Hangar
Looking Down The Cross
Hook In Mouth
This Was My Life
Good Mourning/Black Friday
A Tout Le Monde
Countdown to Extinction
My Last Words
Ashes In Your Mouth
Tornado of Souls
Trust
Symphony of Destruction
Peace Sells
Holy Wars

[color=#AOEOOA]Damn these hard setlists, should be easy with every 'deth track on my PC. Inc. some boots.

Set The World Afire
Rust In Peace... Polaris
Psychotron
Take No Prisoners
Peace Sells
Foreclosure Of A Dream
Prince Of Darkness
Tornado of Souls
Reckoning Day
New World Order
Dread And The Fugitive Mind
Hook In Mouth
Liar
Ashes In Your Mouth
Have Cool, Will Travel
She-Wolf (Extended)
Hangar 18
Holy Wars... The Punishment Due
Killing Is My Business... And Business Is Good
Looking Down The Cross

There we go, some big songs are missing (ie trust) but still it's a damn fine list of my more favourite tracks.[/color]

Not in any specific order....

Trust
Symphony
Lucretia
Holy Wars
Hangar 18
Return To Hangar
Have Cool, Will Travel
Dread
Darkest Hour
Skin Of My Teeth
Architecture Of Aggression
Black Curtains
Reckoning Day
A Secret Place
Et Touathingamo
Erm... Running low...
Breadline
Kill The King
Some Metallica covers ;)

Done.

:D

Aussie_Outlaw: That is an awesome setlist!

Spawny: If I ever saw Megadeth play that setlist I would shoot them. ;) Only one 80s song and what the dickens is with BREADLINE being there? :puke: :lol:

Dave cant sings badly. Back in the 80s Dave was so bad he couldnt even aspire to sing badly, he was awful. Come Destruction, he was alright, RIP was ok too, but before that...

Breadline is a good song! 80s Megadeth isnt very good at all, his singing sucked and the songs sounded the same. RIP was the first album by Megadeth that was great, the rest were just going through the motions and trying to be faster and more technical than Metallica IMHO...

Originally posted by spawn
Dave cant sings badly. Back in the 80s Dave was so bad he couldnt even aspire to sing badly, he was awful. Come Destruction, he was alright, RIP was ok too, but before that...

I don't think so, but even so... the way the vocals were recorded in the '80s doesn't make a difference as far as how his vocals would sound live now! Hehe.

'80s Megadeth was sooooooooooooo much better! Listen to side 1 of "Peace Sells... But Who's Buying" and its the most perfect slice of thrash metal ever! :headbang: :headbang:

Wake Up Dead... :worship:
The Conjuring... :worship:
Peace Sells... :worship:
Devil's Island... :worship:

:headbang:

Meh, each to their own, if you enjoy it, more power to you, go with what you like :D

[color=#AOEOOA]Just listen to Set the World Afire, one of Megadeth's best songs.

Plus the extended She-Wolf kicks the shit out of the studio version. I guess I know too much about 'deth since they are my favourite band. SO it should be an awesome setlist.

Megadeth we're trying to be faster and more technical than Metallica? Thats a joke in itself, look at the first 3 Metallica records, Dave had a hand in writing 13 of their songs, even though he wasn't even in the band.

Plus you can see a direct correlation between Metallica sliding downhill, MoP was their high point (Dave sued Metallica for stealing the spider riff in Leper Messiah, so he can be attributed to at least one song on that album) with no credits for Dave on Justice. By this time Dave's influence was wearing off James (it had been 5 years since Dave had been in Metallica) and Dave had put his efforts in Megadeth to topple Metallica.

Dave was both Metallica and Megadeth in the mid-late 80's and had a major hand in both, so I can't see how you can try and be faster than your own writing.

Amazing huh.[/color]

Even Dave admitted he was trying to be faster and more technical than Metallica.

Theres no way Dave was Metallica in the 80s. A riff is not a song. Especially when there is about 20 riffs in a song as they had during the 80s

Theres no way Dave was Metallica in the 80s. A riff is not a song. Especially when there is about 20 riffs in a song as they had during the 80s

[color=#aoeooa]I said he had a hand in. Plus it's pretty easy to hear his influence in Metallica.[/color]

:confused:
No easier than it is to spot Metallicas influence in Megadeth, Dave wasnt Metallica on his own

[color=#AOEOOA]Explain why Justice sounds alot different to the three previous Metallica albums.

And plus as if you'd take annything Dave says seriously, he was out of it for most of the time. Silly drug-taking Dave.[/color]

Last Rites/loved to death (man this song rules :D)
Wake up dead
Hanger 18
Mary Jane
Chosen ones
My last words (it is a crime this song is never played live!)
Peace sells
Good Morning/black friday
Tornado of souls
Trust
This was my life
Devils Island
Symphony of Destruction
Reckoning Day
In My Darkest Hour
Set the World Afire
The Conjuring
Lucretia
Rust in Peace...Polaris
Holy Wars

Originally posted by Aussie_Outlaw
[color=#AOEOOA]Explain why Justice sounds alot different to the three previous Metallica albums.[/color]
Simple, Cliff Burton's death. This had a major effect on the sound of the band, and their attitude, which influenced their writing. Sure, Mustaine influenced Metallica, but no more than Metallica influenced him. And Spawny is right, Dave has even admitted that he has been trying to out do Metallica. I think I recall him saying he put enough riffs and lead into 'Wake Up Dead' to write a whole album, but he was trying to prove himself, or something like that...

80s Megadeth isnt very good at all
..and you call yourself a thrash fan!?

Blitzy, anything before RIP I dont like because its too raw, and Daves voice is really annoying (I do like some tracks from that era, but overall, I dont think it was *anywhere* near as good as RIP through to CW) :)