Megadeth

I've always preferred Mustaine/Megadeth to Metallica. Don't get me wrong..Metallica put out some great metal but to me Mustaine has always been the better writer, lyricist and composer. It was a pleasure to be able to meet him during the Gigantour tour and I cannot wait to see the DVD! :hotjump:

Megadeth fan? hell yeah
Mustaine as a songwriter fan? of course
Mustaine fan, as a person? no fucking way

I'm sorry, but the guy's just a dick, didnt even talk to Jeff Young ONCE while Jeff was in the band, he just sent him the tracks, said make up solos where I designated, and they played live, never jammed together or anything. And WTF is up with mega-douche suing David Ellefson for using the Megadeth name in an ad???? jesus christ, it says a LOT about your personality if you can be in a band with a guy for 18-19 years, and then sue him for using that name in an ad as previous bands he's been in.....lately I've just realized that the guy's a total prick, I mean, dont get me wrong, he's written a lot of my favorite songs EVER, but I just cant stand his attitude/arrongance/holier than thou mindset.

#1_Droogie said:
it says a LOT about your personality if you can be in a band with a guy for 18-19 years, and then sue him for using that name in an ad as previous bands he's been in.....but I just cant stand his attitude/arrongance/holier than thou mindset.

I think it has a lot to do with his mindset of being a controlling business owner. I mean...he got royaly screwed by Metallica hence I think he may have gone a bit overboard in the contracts he had the original members sign. (or any other members since) Granted he may be a dick....but he's one hell of a business man!

I liked everything before Countdown though i liked a song or two from Countdown as well... as for Mustaine being a dick.. well he always was even when he was in Metallica lol ... but i always thought Metallica ala Cliff era were always better writers then Mustaine.. and spare me the "Mustaine wrote most of Kill Em All and Ride albums" .. he wrote the minority of the songs and the riffs sound more like Hetfields riffs/style then Mustaine's.. though i have no doubt Mustaine came out with a riff or two on each of the songs he gets credit for..

Hard fan up to CTE, medium fan up to CW, no fan afterwards. :D

I'm not a "fan" in the true sense of the word because of Dave's voice, but I really like his guitar playing and diverse songwriting, even on some records that people usually consider weak such as Cryptic Writings.

Mustaine annoys me every time I read his interviews though, he's so arrogant and full of himself, always blaming his former bandmates and so on. No class.

kittybeast said:
I think it has a lot to do with his mindset of being a controlling business owner. I mean...he got royaly screwed by Metallica hence I think he may have gone a bit overboard in the contracts he had the original members sign. (or any other members since) Granted he may be a dick....but he's one hell of a business man!
yeah, I suppose that's true....I hadn't thought about that, but like Fang said, in almost every interview, it's almost laughable how high he holds himself.

#1_Droogie said:
yeah, I suppose that's true....I hadn't thought about that, but like Fang said, in almost every interview, it's almost laughable how high he holds himself.

at the concert i went to he was so nice and sincere to all fans, and me. he walked down after they threw stuff into the crowd, shook my hand, and patted me on the shoulder his other hand and said "welcome" and smiled, he knew it was my first megadeth concert.