Megadeth

Get this, the first single off the new Megadeth album is a reworked version of 'A Tout Le Monde' from the Youthanasia record featuring the chick from Lacuna Coil dueting with Dave.

If you ask me, using a reworked version of an old song for your first single off a new album is just odd and doesnt really say much for the new material which doesnt sound too bad BTW, i like that "Sleepwalker" track.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=68131

After reading Mustaine's reasons for doing this, I think it should have been kept as a B-Side. It was originally supposed to be a B-Side, but he was talked into putting it on the album by Roadrunner.
Why re-record a song that was perfect the way it was anyway? I can understand Anthrax re-recording their early material with John Bush, but Mustaine recorded the original. If he thinks adding some emo chick to sing it as a duet is going to improve it, he could be mistaken.
But, having said that, I will give it a fair listen before I judge this version. I may be completely wrong about this, but I have a bad feeling that I'm not.

I fuckin' HATE RoadRunner.

WORST music company ever. They'll release the bloody album, then 6 months later they'll release a special "digipack" version with all the bonus songs on it 'cause they're a bunch of greedy fuckers. I also HATE digipacks. I had hope Dave's legendary stuborness would prevail, but I see it didn't... :(

I fuckin' HATE RoadRunner.

WORST music company ever. They'll release the bloody album, then 6 months later they'll release a special "digipack" version with all the bonus songs on it 'cause they're a bunch of greedy fuckers. I also HATE digipacks. I had hope Dave's legendary stuborness would prevail, but I see it didn't... :(

In all fairness to Roadrunner though, you don't have to buy it. I mean, I get your point, but no one's forcing you to spend your money on special versions of the album. Just pick up one copy and call it good enough. :)

In all fairness to Roadrunner though, you don't have to buy it. I mean, I get your point, but no one's forcing you to spend your money on special versions of the album. Just pick up one copy and call it good enough. :)

Oh yeah of course... Viva las internet! I'll download and wait for the most convenient release... I'm just hatin' out of principle :p

I just hope the good version with the bonus tracks won't be a digipack 'cause then I'll be seriously pissed... and if that's the case... well the normal version it is...

Actually it's funny 'cause the last digipack I bought was TGOTE, and then I simply put the 2 cds ona double jewel case with the american version booklet... It's funny 'cause the color of the european cds go better with the american release, and vice versa... Yeah I'm crazy like that...

The track Sleepwalker is pretty good though, sounds very late era Deth (tempo switches and orchestrated). Played it when I played Live For Speed yesterday and it´s grown on me.

I´m still sceptical about the whole rehashing thing though. Maybe I´m slow but is the new version of "A tout le monde" on the album, and in that case when is the rerecording of "Liar" appearing?

I just hope the good version with the bonus tracks won't be a digipack 'cause then I'll be seriously pissed... and if that's the case... well the normal version it is...

So, why all the hatred for digipacks? Too easy to destroy?:lol:

This should've been just a b-side. While the new version may actually be very good, it's still a bad move to make a 12 years old song the first single of Megadeth's NEW album. I guess Roadrunner decided it's good publicity because of the shootings and all. I just wonder what made Mustaine approve this...

Remember when Roadrunner had bands like Pestilence and didn't suck balls?
That was a damn long time ago.
The whole idea of a rework of A Tout Le Monde with Lacuna Coil makes me a bit queasy.