Megadeth

wdiv

Rattlehead
May 28, 2004
US
I'll reserve final judgment until I've had a chance to hear the actual CD, but Super Collider is really getting slammed by everyone, and the clips sound pretty blah. I was hoping that Dave would come up with something better than the lousy Thirteen album... oh well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I liked 13, save for a few tracks.

As for SC. I don't mind the title track - everyone else seems to hate it. Kingmaker and Don't Look Back are good. I could really do without the rant bullshit Dave seems to shove over top of a track or two every album that he opened Dance in the Rain with.

I donwloaded, lost interest after four songs and delete it. Boring, uninspired, weak.

I don't expect a thrash album, but it is not even an interesting metal album.

i actually like this new album more than the last 2 megadeth albums which seemed like megadeth paint by numbers

Risk to me was completely unlistenable. I've tried it 3 times and cannot find anything redeeming about it. Not one song I like. World was bad, but at least there were a few decent songs (mainly the single and the 2 that were released on the best of).

World Needs a Hero is a good album! Bunch of nice tracks -- Dread & the Fugative Mind, Disconnect, Return to Hangar, Moto Psycho, Promises, etc.
Risk on the other hand... There's about 20 seconds during Wanderlust that is almost decent, but the rest of the album just sucks. I even bought the 2004 remix hoping it would improve it, but no avail.

World Needs a Hero is a good album! Bunch of nice tracks -- Dread & the Fugative Mind, Disconnect, Return to Hangar, Moto Psycho, Promises, etc.
Risk on the other hand... There's about 20 seconds during Wanderlust that is almost decent, but the rest of the album just sucks. I even bought the 2004 remix hoping it would improve it, but no avail.

moto psycho good? yikes :guh:

As unsettling as it is all the classic big four thrash bands are in a fucken ventilator.
Slayer is done in my books Dave and Jeff gone. Anthrax is dead again. Not any high hopes for new Metallica and a Megadeth who writes new stuff from a fucking conveyor belt.
Why are they torturing Broderick with this generic boring new material? Throw Supercollider into the fucken ocean!

If i remember correctly Dread and the Fugitive mind was an old unused song.Can't remember which album it was originally supposed to appear on.I think it might have been countdown.

If i remember correctly Dread and the Fugitive mind was an old unused song.Can't remember which album it was originally supposed to appear on.I think it might have been countdown.

no it was recorded before they left capitol and used on a hits album. it was recorded in the late 90's