meh.....

I listened to the song once at my friends house, and was content with that. Though im going insane with the wait, i wont download anything, as that spoils it.

...plus im on shitty 56kps internet, but i like to pretend that has nothing to do with it.

I haven't heard it yet, but I know someone is going to play it to me already.

Despite the fact that it is a rip, it is being used as a promotional tool by the label already (having provided a link to the download themselves), so I guess it is officially endorsed anyway.

Irrespective, I will wait until the official release or a promo dropping on my doormat before I listen to it myself.

Yes, I am old too. I can appreciate the finer points of buying music like a lot of my generation.

I find it hard to resist, but I havent downloaded the radio rip yet. I must pursue! seriously though, I dont want the suprise spoiled and I'll wait untill the album is officialy released.

first post btw! I've lurked around for some time and decided to jump onboard. thereby, don't get offended by my english grammar, aight? :)

I prefer and always have tuned into metal radio shows to hear new tracks, interviews. Now we also have the added bonus of bands posting advance mp3s on their websites. What more do you need?

Jo said:
I prefer and always have tuned into metal radio shows to hear new tracks, interviews. Now we also have the added bonus of bands posting advance mp3s on their websites. What more do you need?

Good point.

The number of metal magazines that have CDs on them now as well give even greater exposure.

There are still so many people that want everything for nothing and to have things straight away.

I actually feel sorry for the younger generation, many of them will never know the romance of the way buying music used to be.

I dont see anything 'romantic' about buying music... you just buy it, and listen. It makes no difference to me whether it comes out my hifi speakers or PC speakers (since for me, those speakers are one and the same...). Im with Trey - if it's good, i'll listen, whether it is an mp3 or the real thing.

ugh...everytime a new album comes out we get this "I'm gonna wait till the release before I listen" bullshit.

I"m sick of hearing how proud you are to blindly spend money. Every forum does this its retarded, hearing it 100 times a month.

Chris: Proving my point. I guess it is just a way of life, I love music and have been a collector for years. It is a huge part of my life.

Drip: I didn't say that. It is rare to blindly do it, but blindly only applies to bands that I have yet to hear. Opeth have been one of my favourite bands for 10 years now, I have loved everything they have done. I pretty much know what I am going to be getting with the new album without hearing it. I do not need to listen to it for free to help me decide if I want to own it.

Agreed in 100% you said. I too have been a collector for years, being and Opeth fan for 7 or 8 years now and of course I don't need to hear a song by them to know if I'm gonna buy their new album or not when I really know I'm gonna do it and wait anxiously for it. Like I'm used to.

AlexGuinness said:
Chris: Proving my point. I guess it is just a way of life, I love music and have been a collector for years. It is a huge part of my life.

Drip: I didn't say that. It is rare to blindly do it, but blindly only applies to bands that I have yet to hear. Opeth have been one of my favourite bands for 10 years now, I have loved everything they have done. I pretty much know what I am going to be getting with the new album without hearing it. I do not need to listen to it for free to help me decide if I want to own it.