Discussing leaks

Russell

__
Jul 15, 2001
The starry attic
www.russellgarwood.co.uk
I just interviewed Mike, and mentioned the forum to him. I assured him there wouldn't be many problems with discussions of leaks of the new album. If you don't want the forum to close down, please refrain from talking about leaks, and especially posting links. Please respect the band's wishes on this - it is incredibly rude to post a link to a leak on the band's own forum.

Hopefully people will start to listen to the ones who are saying not to mention leaks in this forum and theyll actually stop it. I doubt it but you never know i spose.

I will respect the band's wishes, but I really don't see how it's gonna change anything, anyone who wants a leak is going to find a way to get it.

I really don't see how it's gonna change anything, anyone who wants a leak is going to find a way to get it.

Clearly, but it's a courtesy thing - it's similar to meeting the band in person and telling them you've pirated their music. They're nice guys, and it must be a bit upsetting to have a lot of people ignoring their wishes and coming to talk about how they've obtained the band's music illegally.

Clearly, but it's a courtesy thing - it's similar to meeting the band in person and telling them you've pirated their music. They're nice guys, and it must be a bit upsetting to have a lot of people ignoring their wishes and coming to talk about how they've obtained the band's music illegally.

I see what you're saying and I agree that it is extremely rude to post those kinds of things on their forum. I'm still gonna buy the album, no matter what.:)

i downloaded the lotus eater for free at roadrunner's website. that's all I'm going to do though. I will definitely be purchasing the album on June 3rd.

I don't download leaks unless I intend on buying the album anyway, especially for bands like Opeth and Maiden, I have too much respect for those guys to rip them off for real.

I don't download leaks unless I intend on buying the album anyway, especially for bands like Opeth and Maiden, I have too much respect for those guys to rip them off for real.

Well, it still ruins the essence and feeling of closure you get when buying a whole album. I hate leaks, cause they ruin it for you. That perfect scenario of getting the album, after waiting for months, and enjoying it as a whole gift. Complete... The fucking cover, the lyrics sheet, the artwork, the feeling you're up to listen to it AS A WHOLE, and you know you've supported the band you love.

Not only the leaks bother me, but the pre-releases like Porcelain Heart and The lotus eater. Two amazing songs, that have been spoiled for me (I couldn't help myself but to listen to them)

Listening to songs as singles isn't the same. But that's a matter of personal preference. The leaks are absolutely wrong.

Just like easy sex isn't as gratifying, so are easy leaks.

I don't see the problem WITH discussing leaks. Prohibiting discussion of leaks doesn't solve the core of the problem, the leaks themselves. I'm still gonna listen to them, but I'm also still gonna buy the album.

I think all of this just goes to show that with technology advancing bands are gonna have to find a new way to release their music. I love having a physical copy myself, but bands need to find a way to cut out the middle man (RECORD COMPANIES).

Well, it still ruins the essence and feeling of closure you get when buying a whole album. I hate leaks, cause they ruin it for you. That perfect scenario of getting the album, after waiting for months, and enjoying it as a whole gift. Complete... The fucking cover, the lyrics sheet, the artwork, the feeling you're up to listen to it AS A WHOLE, and you know you've supported the band you love.

Not only the leaks bother me, but the pre-releases like Porcelain Heart and The lotus eater. Two amazing songs, that have been spoiled for me (I couldn't help myself but to listen to them)

Listening to songs as singles isn't the same. But that's a matter of personal preference. The leaks are absolutely wrong.

Just like easy sex isn't as gratifying, so are easy leaks.
A-fucking-men! I've listened to Porcelain Heart and I wish I hadn't. I absolutely love this song but I feel I've ruined the excitement a bit for the day I have the entire album in my hand. Lotus Eater is available to us but I will not listen to it until I have the cd in my hands.

I just interviewed Mike, and mentioned the forum to him. I assured him there wouldn't be many problems with discussions of leaks of the new album. If you don't want the forum to close down, please refrain from talking about leaks, and especially posting links. Please respect the band's wishes on this - it is incredibly rude to post a link to a leak on the band's own forum.

this should be obvious...lol...but some people just don't get it, these people have no respect.

I don't see the problem WITH discussing leaks. Prohibiting discussion of leaks doesn't solve the core of the problem, the leaks themselves. I'm still gonna listen to them, but I'm also still gonna buy the album.

This just drives me crazy. By this line of reasoning... If you were invited to dine at someone's house, you feel it would be ok to climb up and take a shit on the dinner table in front of everyone... because you are going to clean it up anyway. It's that asinine. Cleaning it up (buying the record anyway) doesn't in anyway make up for how rude the act of shitting on the dinner table is (coming to a bands Official forum and discussing a leak when you have the entire fucking Internet to do so). I know you won't see my point but I guess I just wanted to bang my head against the wall one more time. Thanks again to those with some common courtesy. I know the band appreciates it.