OPETH FORUM DEATHWATCH

These boards are shit because a lot of people on here think they're too cool. What, you think your Elite because you listen to Opeth?

Fuck, give me a break...

^ n00bs not using the search function is the bane of every veteran forum posters' existences everywhere.

I generally forgive them, point them in the right direction (including perhaps a link from the "very easy to find" other thread), and hope that acting kindly will help them learn and react in a civil way. "Fuck off, n00b!" tends to get people defensive. Weren't we all n00bs who didn't know the ropes at some point? Wouldn't you have appreciated a few kind words?

Whether or not people here are new has little bearing on the quality of the threads on the forum. If you think a thread is worthless, let it die. Revive good threads. Start a good thread of your own. Be positive. Is this so hard?

we need more members like this.

^ n00bs not using the search function is the bane of every veteran forum posters' existences everywhere.

I generally forgive them, point them in the right direction (including perhaps a link from the "very easy to find" other thread), and hope that acting kindly will help them learn and react in a civil way. "Fuck off, n00b!" tends to get people defensive. Weren't we all n00bs who didn't know the ropes at some point? Wouldn't you have appreciated a few kind words?

Whether or not people here are new has little bearing on the quality of the threads on the forum. If you think a thread is worthless, let it die. Revive good threads. Start a good thread of your own. Be positive. Is this so hard?

I actually didn't mean to give shit to noobs, sorry if you got that message. They can and should be helped, but chances are that if they open repetitive threads they'll a) get "shit thre0d" kind of answers b) annoy more or less everyone c) probably leave in tears (or something like that). The search function will likely prevent most of those threads, and while less people would registrate to create new threads, also less people would leave. We'll all leave happier then.

Ah, wish I could be as positive as you anyways...
And, lastly (is that a word?), what defines a "shit thre0d" and what a "quality thread"? Except for "what's the best album" sort of thing.

Maybe we should let the moderator do his job ,and stop bitching about newbs all the time. If you see a thread thats been discussed prior....avoid it. Is it really that hard?

Noobs are stupid but that's their job. I'd expect fans to see the video for Porcelain Heart or hear a song on the radio, or whatever, and want to join excitedly to talk about the album. We shouldn't punish them for that. It's the regulars, who've been fans for several (or all) albums, that should know better than this drama-dragfest.

As for solutions to Noobs, besides stickying the ban thread, perhaps sticky a new members read this first thread.

This thread in itself is pretty pointless. Without closing the board altogether, you're never going to be able to stop people from discussing leaks - this is the internet ffs!!