New Chat/Off Topic Forum

Originally posted by Hearse

And now it isn't? que? Opeth said yay to this idea, otherwise it would not be done.

Can I ask why are you so against this? :confused:

Its Miasnthrope....

You can't be in favour of anything :rolleyes: that would spoil your image.... wanker ;) Oh, sorry, no you joined in may 2000, and that makes you an elitist wanker :loco:

I got nothing to be thankful for, i only take Opeth for their music, not so much for their forum choice. And you need to excuse me but my answer went unanswered for almost 2 days when i usually get flamed about it half a day after maximum. You have an idea, and a bad one and your idea caused this. Its not bad that it fails, is bad that you are so arrogant you say it does not, how come you say that it was just an idea and people aproveed but you also said there is not a problem or a difference? If there wasnt a problem you wouldnt worry about who's idea was or who supported it wouldnt you?

Originally posted by Velya
I got nothing to be thankful for, i only take Opeth for their music, not so much for their forum choice.

An obvious answer seems to be presenting itself - don't post on their forum :rolleyes: Or if you do accept the change Opeth, Mark and it seems the majority of the members support :err: I just think its unfair you take it out on the administrator or a sole member when blatantly it is neither of their faults...

It's a sticky. It will stay on top until Mark removes it hehehe.

Mark, can you make an option that you can view in either the way it is now, or the way it used to be?

I really prefer it the other way, but I know it's unlikely that I will be able to convince you to revert.

Just please consider this as an option.

Cheers.

Originally posted by Sullen Jester
Mark, can you make an option that you can view in either the way it is now, or the way it used to be?

I really prefer it the other way, but I know it's unlikely that I will be able to convince you to revert.

Just please consider this as an option.

Cheers.

This isn't possible, I'm afraid, just due to how the forums work (ie, the backend, not the concept:)). If I could set it so you could have whatever forums mixed in with others, then I would!

And it's not me you need to convince - I only provide the forum service, how the board is run is determined by Opeth.com.

Why are people so upset? I'd like to hear a bit of the underlying reasons without the shallow personal attacks. Anyone?

Originally posted by Protocol
Why are people so upset? I'd like to hear a bit of the underlying reasons without the shallow personal attacks. Anyone?

Right before the new year - the posting was at a manic pace. Threads were flying - insults abound - topics galore. Music threads morphed into bashing threads. New people joined, and immediately were attacked. Great conversations took place. It seemed really crazy.

Once the "split" happened, posting slowed considerably. Whether it was just because of the split of music/non-music topics, or a bit deeper: maybe people felt this was some indirect sort of censorship, which of course it in itself wasn't.

Anyways - those are my thoughts. I didn't mind at all - it's now easier to find topics, and I also have a fast computer and internet connection, so the extra click means nothing to me at all. And I never had any technical problems once the change occurred.

Mark,

Can you rename the "OFF Topic" forum in something with more flair... like "The Clinic" or something.