New Chat/Off Topic Forum

I don't like posting at the Hate Pit or anywhere for some reason. I guess it's because I got used to the people here and I'm not good with change. Oh well..........I'll get over it.

Originally posted by HoserHellspawn
Just out of curiosity, were any threads moved around (maybe just back until a certain date), i.e. has there been splitting of old threads between the forums?

Yes

Mark, let me try to explain the problem i'm having, so maybe you can tell me what's wrong. On internet explorer, when I got to UM it gives me the "We've moved" page, and when I click the URL it's a dead link. I cleared my cache and what not, and it still won't work. I'm using the AOL browser right now :eek: Which I hope will only be a temporary solution. Do you have any idea what could be the cause of this problem? I'm not the only one having it either, Lina is, and I think someone else. Help please :D

Originally posted by metalmancpa
This shows how hard it is for people to adjust to something different - even if it's something as miniscule as this.

Bah..it still feels emptier to me :p

But I am getting used to it - although at this point in time I prefer the way it was before. In several weeks it most likely won't bother me anyway.

Was going fine with the new server. But then as soon as this forum was split up i could no longer post, every time i did anything i had to enter my username/password. Couldnt post anything, major problems, couldnt stay logged in (never appeared in the online members thing), etc etc.

Registered a new name to check that it wasnt just me, tried IE and Opera, with and without a proxy.

Then through a few logins i changed the option to not use cookies. And now i can post again.

Seems like there might be something to fix up. And explains the lack of people recently.

I hope the Opethians show their resolve - and keep on trying until it gets fixed. It would be a shame (but not a surprise) to have technology break down this forum.

your prediction is coming true metalman!! Technology is dividing us, then it will destroy us one by one!! :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Hearse
THIS IS WORKING! :D
Finally music threads live longer!
And still we can talk crap on chat forum :D

Thats because YOU forced them with your stupid fucking idea. Why you do not mention how both forums have slowed down almost to zero bigtime? Your idea single-handedly its killing both forums

Yea thats fucking great...

Sorry, but that's shite - the first page of this forum has replies just from the last 5 hours. It might not be as busy as it was, but at least it's Opeth/Music-related discussion instead of talk about wanking.